Sign in to follow this  
tototrain

AJAX example

The source code is all in the article. The database is the standard "northwind" sample that comes with SQL Server and Access.

The source code is all in the article. The database is the standard "northwind" sample that comes with SQL Server and Access.
okie but i cant get the sample to work.. anyguys can help?

Well, what happens? Any JavaScript errors? Anyway ASP errors? Are you running a compatible webserver setup?

When i select the from the dropdownlist nothing happen. no error. no change in address.im running on window 7 with IIS installed and had created a virtual directory. i tried an earlier example , typing the first and last name in the form, and display welcome firstname lastname.That example was working for me.

No... why would it?

The script sends a HTTP request using AJAX to "getcustomer.asp?q="+str (which contains the ASP code), and gets the result back. The current page does not change.

xmlhttp.open("GET","getcustomer.asp?q="+str,true);

Is it possible to create dynamically after selecting the ALFKI from the drop down list.Then it shows a table. But The values from the table is able to click and link to another page?

You can modify getcustomer.asp to print out whatever you want, for example a link:

<%'...do until rs.EOF  for each x in rs.Fields	response.write("<tr><td><b>" & x.name & "</b></td>")	response.write("<td><a href=""page"">" & x.value & "</a></td></tr>")  next  rs.MoveNextloop'...%>