changes to xml file not showing in browser

billcbos

This is my first time creating an xml dataset for an html page. Using dreamweaver's Spry widgets it was fairly easy to put together. My problem is that the xml content is being used to post "current" alerts on a webpage. Yet, when someone updates the xml file with a new message the change does not appear on the website. Assuming this is a cache issue I have been searching for someway to force the browser to load the current xml file from the server. I need a solution. I decided to use xml so that non technical people can post alerts to the webpage. An example might be "Closed Today due to Snow". This message needs to show up TODAY and be gone when it is replaced Tomorrow! This doesn't seem to be isolated to IE, having the same issue with Firefox. I don't know how long before the browser decides to show the new text, but refresh or closing and opening the browser doesn't do the trick. I have to delete the cache to get it to refresh. Not something I can expect visitors to the website to do. I've had similar battles with Flash modules I have purchased that use xml. I need a solution to this or need to look for another approach. Any help???

Archived