Recommendation

eduard

What I recommend you, is that you design a system (must be easy for you!) who has replied a topic to whom, which date, what time, etc.I get all the times replies from different persons! Very confusing!

I'm not really sure what you're asking for, other than you seem to think you are getting replies from topics back in the wrong order? I'm not sure how the time zone settings are setup, or if it's configured per user based on their settings, but I believe it all revolves around GMT.However, the description of this sub-forum indicates that these suggestions are for the parent website, w3schools.com. This forum was independently created through IPBoard.

On the right of your username, you'll notice a date and time. That's the time of your post.The same thing is available next to every post.If a topic has posts you haven't seen yet, it will appear with a solid color (dark blue or dark red).If a topic doesn't have such posts, it will appear with a soft color (light blue or light red).On the right of the very top of each topic, under the "Add Reply" and "New Topic" buttons, you can find a button with an arrow that says "Options". If you click that and select "Track this topic", you'll get an email every time someone posts something in the topic.Usually, we all reply to whoever created the topic (in this case - you), so there's no need for tracking who replied to who. In cases where we talk to someone else, we'll usually quote their post before doing so.It's a good idea to examine ALL replies in your topics anyway. Even if someone says something to someone else and not you, it might be useful for you to take a note of it.

when looking in a sub-forum, like PHP or HTML, the orange boxes next to a topic indicate that there are unread posts. (by you)edit: also, if you click the orange box, it will automatically take you to the last read post (by you) in that thread.

On the right of your username, you'll notice a date and time. That's the time of your post.The same thing is available next to every post.If a topic has posts you haven't seen yet, it will appear with a solid color (dark blue or dark red).If a topic doesn't have such posts, it will appear with a soft color (light blue or light red).On the right of the very top of each topic, under the "Add Reply" and "New Topic" buttons, you can find a button with an arrow that says "Options". If you click that and select "Track this topic", you'll get an email every time someone posts something in the topic.Usually, we all reply to whoever created the topic (in this case - you), so there's no need for tracking who replied to who. In cases where we talk to someone else, we'll usually quote their post before doing so.It's a good idea to examine ALL replies in your topics anyway. Even if someone says something to someone else and not you, it might be useful for you to take a note of it.
I agree with the latest, but it is many times (very) confusing! P. s. I am not asking for anything, just a recommendation!

The other things were supposed to clear that confusion.What you're reccomending has already been done in the fashion I'm describing to you. Even the "who's replied to who" view - in the "Options", you'll see a group called "Display Modes". The very first mode is "Switch to: Outline" which is exactly that.The only problem with that view is that it relies on people pressing the "Reply" button to the post they way to reply to. Sometimes, a person may be addressing you, but not use this button when they do it, so you should not rely on that view.

The only problem with that view is that it relies on people pressing the "Reply" button to the post they way to reply to. Sometimes, a person may be addressing you, but not use this button when they do it, so you should not rely on that view.
That's me. I only ever use the fast replay option at the end of the thread. One of the things I like about this forum is that outline view is not the default or only option, so I never even think about the way my replies will appear in outline view. Also, I experience the well-documented bug you get with Firefox and older versions of IPB. The WYSiWYG editors don't work for me, so fast reply is the only option.The point is, I am proof that the outline view is unreliable. This post SHOULD be a response to boen, but it looks like a response to Post #1.

The other things were supposed to clear that confusion.What you're reccomending has already been done in the fashion I'm describing to you. Even the "who's replied to who" view - in the "Options", you'll see a group called "Display Modes". The very first mode is "Switch to: Outline" which is exactly that.The only problem with that view is that it relies on people pressing the "Reply" button to the post they way to reply to. Sometimes, a person may be addressing you, but not use this button when they do it, so you should not rely on that view.
I think (me and most of the users of this forum!) don´t/didn¨t know this!I have another question:Because the internet here in Chile is bad! Would it be possible to have internet by satelite in the future?

I think (me and most of the users of this forum!) don´t/didn¨t know this!
You're probably right. But most people don't really need to know this anyway.
Because the internet here in Chile is bad! Would it be possible to have internet by satelite in the future?
There's already such a technology... it's how internet traffic travels across continents.But whether YOU get a satellite connection is a matter of whether you have the money to buy it. Right now, I'm guessing you don't.

Many parts of the world Internet already communicate by satellite, same as telephones.If you mean into your home, that can be done now. Receiving is easy with the correct equipment and a service provider. The problem is sending information back to the satellite. transmission equipment is expensive and not practical for a home user. So you would still need a physical connection to the Internet for transmission. Some people have this. Reception is fast, and that is good, because reception usually carries more information. But transmission will not be faster than what you have now.

Many parts of the world Internet already communicate by satellite, same as telephones.If you mean into your home, that can be done now. Receiving is easy with the correct equipment and a service provider. The problem is sending information back to the satellite. transmission equipment is expensive and not practical for a home user. So you would still need a physical connection to the Internet for transmission. Some people have this. Reception is fast, and that is good, because reception usually carries more information. But transmission will not be faster than what you have now.
So, what would you suggest if I want to move to a remote area where there isn´t internet?

You're probably right. But most people don't really need to know this anyway.There's already such a technology... it's how internet traffic travels across continents.But whether YOU get a satellite connection is a matter of whether you have the money to buy it. Right now, I'm guessing you don't.
That´s why I also wrote: IN THE FUTURE!

That´s why I also wrote: IN THE FUTURE!
Ah. So you were asking if YOU can get a satellite connection IN THE FUTURE. In theory, yes. In practice... we aren't fortune tellers.

I learned some things here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_InternetI did not realize it is now possible for a user to transmit signals back to the satellite. You need a satellite that is visible from your location, and a lot of expensive equipment. Such satellites exist for USA. I don't know about South America.Another kind of system that is common in the US uses satellite-and-dish to download, and a radio transmitter to upload. The provider must have a radio transceiver near your location. I have no idea if this is available in Chile or when it will be.

I learned some things here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_InternetI did not realize it is now possible for a user to transmit signals back to the satellite. You need a satellite that is visible from your location, and a lot of expensive equipment. Such satellites exist for USA. I don't know about South America.Another kind of system that is common in the US uses satellite-and-dish to download, and a radio transmitter to upload. The provider must have a radio transceiver near your location. I have no idea if this is available in Chile or when it will be.
Thank you very much! I am going to study the thing in WikiLeakssorrypedia!

Archived