ASP.Net

Shoukat_1983

I need your help regarding the w3schools ASP .Net tutorials. I am reading w3schools ASP .Net tutorials regularly but i am facing many problems like when i follow the instructions and type the code as provided in the tutorials in Visual Studio .Net 2003 and execute my ASP web application it gives errors. Forexample the code provided in Dynamic Page in ASP .NET that is<html><body bgcolor="yellow"><center><h2>Hello W3Schools!</h2><p><%Response.Write(now())%></p></center></body></html>cann't be executed on VS .Net 2003 and there are many problems with HTML, Web and Validation Server Controls. So plz do reply to me soon.

When i execute the web page(containing the exact code provided in the tutorial) get the following error messageDescription: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS1002: ; expectedSource Error: <p><%Response.Write(now())%></p>

Hi Shoukat,From the error I am guessing, your code behind file is not vb but c#, i.e., the extention is not filename.aspx.vb but filename.aspx.cs, this must be the reason why it says "; expected".I am not really sure if this would work but try adding this to your code.<%@ Language="VB" %>Hope it will work..

Edited by pulpfiction

Hi Shoukat,From the error I am guessing, your code behind file is not vb but c#, i.e., the extention is not filename.aspx.vb but filename.aspx.cs, this must be the reason why it says "; expected".I am not really sure if this would work but try adding this to your code.<%@ Language="VBScript" %>Hope it will work..

Close but not quite,Make sure the langauge is always set to VBeg<%@ Page Language="VB"....or <script language="vb" runat="server">...These are only guesses. If you post your full code we can give you a better answer.