[Help] Java Programme

moursika

Hi.I am new at javascript and I don't know if what I want to do is with javascript.I have a web interface page that allows me to connect through http to a sattelite tv receiver. and what I do trough there is that I am able to change the channels from my computer. Basically what I do is to enter the satelive receiver(dreambox) ip adress and I enter the login and password and I can get a remote control to change channels and do a lot of other stuff.What I would like to do is a simple programme that would allow me to change channels and volume P+, P-, V+, V-, ON/OFF, but on java.my question is how can I know the commands that the web interface is sending to the receiver, so that I can do a programme that can do the same.I don't know if you understand my question:s and even if it is possible.ThanksBest Regards

are you trying to do this is java or javascript. Two big differences. Is there an API available through this satellite service?

You can use java.net.HttpUrlConnection to send HTTP requests and receive responses.If there's no documentation on the kind of requests that the web interface takes, you'll have to reverse engineer them yourself by looking at the requests for certain things that you can do. You can use tools like Fiddler2 (see my signature) to see the requests. Once you can see them, you can duplicate them with the JAVA API above.For possible errors, you'll have to try and supply some invalid data, and reverse engineer the response. In your JAVA application, you'll check if the response looks like an error, and act accordingly.Note that if written in this way, your app will be firmware dependant. If the web interface changes (which can happen on a firmware upgrade), your app may start providing commands that would be ignored or in error from the new interface's perspective.

Archived