Manipulate xml files

mona

I'm trying to save some data in xml files and other data in database(mysql).I'm using php to manipulate my data that are saved in database. I need to know which is the best way to use in my case to manipulate the data in xml files ( extract them by elements and attributes, edit them ,traversinng nodes and searching for a certain node contents inside them..etc)Is it easy to use xslt for these purposes?knowing that some data will be extracted from xml files and saved to the database.

:) Actually it is possible to (ab)use xslt to write to a database.XSL allows you to write script (java or vb) within the stylesheet and you can (ab)use this to put ADO to work on the data.You could execute the ado transactions using XMLDOM to read the xml file you create.You guys probably aren't stuck with notepad like I am though so have fun using all your fancy IDE!!! :)Dooberry.

I knew XSLT could write JavaScript and VBScript, but ADO? Really?!?! Isn't ADO part of ASP which is a server side scripting language?Khm... anyway, we have our last problem here. As far as I understood, mona works with PHP. This would complicate the things a bit, scince unlike ASP, PHP doesn't have an XSLT processor :) .

What I meant to say is that PHP doesn't have built in XSLT processor. It is avaiable with an extension. See the XSL functions of PHP for details. If anyone knows how to install the extension, please, do tell.

I think ADO is generally shown as a server side language, but when you look at it objectively (excuse the pun!! :)) it's just a set of objects that can be manipulated to connect to and change a database. As long as you have the libraries, you can use ADO - it's just easier to manage with server side scripting because the libraries are on the server instead of having to be on each client.In my case I can use it because I know that all of the clients that will be using the system will have ADO installed, but this would not be the case for everyone.Dooberry.