Please help me or offer suggestions

superump

Ok - please be gentle with me I am new to this forum but love 3schools tutorials. I used the 3schools tutorial to add a button on my flash web site. Also wanted to connect the button to a facebook link of our other site. FIRST I am using Flash CS5. I followed the tutorial step by step and got the button inserted into the library and onto the front web page. The little arrow even becomes a finger when I run it over the button BUT it will not link to or connect to the facebook site. I get to the part where the tutorial says RT click on the image choose actions from popup menu. EVERYTHING is fine then it says click on the plus sign - everything still ok THEN choose basic actions > and get URL. Heres the difference I have no basic actions option - I have to go to global funtions > Browser/Network > and then get URL. then I insert URL and save and then publish. Everytime I publish I get an error reading under compler errors that reads : Scene = main, layer >div>,frame = 1, line 1 and in description says or expected and no matter what I try it wont connect to the facebook site and I am copying it correctly because I tried it in windows and it took me right to my facebook page. The other comment I got was staement must appear within on handler. The tutorial was great and worked great until I get to that Basic actions > get URL part and I dont know if thats even the problem because I am finding the get URL in the global funtions . browser/network get url path. THANK YOU in advance for helping me and again these tutorials are great I just not sure why it isn't working. I thought I had it because the great tutorial when I saw the button on the web site and the arrow change to a finger when I ran it over the button. Don't think it matters but I am using windows 7 also. Thanks again for any advise - Dale

You might have more success in the Flash forum. The tutorial on the site wasn't written for CS5, Adobe changes things often enough that there are probably several differences by now. You should be able to find some other references for setting up button click handlers in CS5:http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...channel=suggest

You might have more success in the Flash forum. The tutorial on the site wasn't written for CS5, Adobe changes things often enough that there are probably several differences by now. You should be able to find some other references for setting up button click handlers in CS5:http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...channel=suggest
Thank you for responding, I did post in flash and was shocked but didn't get one reply. I love w3school tutorial and thought the forum would be great support but isn't. I will try the CS5 help.

People here mostly aren't Flash experts, as can be seen by the general level of activity in this subforum.

Archived