HTML5 tags not working in dreamweaver 5.5

vipul20_j

I want to use the HTML5 input types such as color,date picker etc for HTML5 Tutorial in my site.I am using Dreamweaver 5.5 to work to work on these new tags but they are not working.Isearched on google so i got to know that i need to taglibraries or something like that.But i don't know how to use them.

<!DOCTYPE HTML>`<html><form action="html-date" method="get">Date:<input type="date" name="date" /><input type="submit"></form></html>

But when i see the output i get a simple text field instead of date picker. If someone has used HTML5 in dreamweaver then help me.

You need to be more specific than just saying 'it's not working'. is it dreamweaver or just you're browser? since not all features are supported yet, it could just be your browser.

Maybe he's referring to dreamweaver's graphical interface.Most of HTML 5 is not supported yet.
Hi inglome,Actually the prob is that dreamweaver isn't suppoting any of the HTML5 tags such as audio, color, range ,video and not even canvas elementBut dreamweaver 5.5 supports HTML5.Don't know what is the prob, it's been 3 days i haven't found a solution.

You should test your sites in a real browser instead of Dreamweaver. A lot of times we get people here wondering why their site works in dreamweaver and not in the internet: Dreamweaver's rendering engine is usually wrong

You should test your sites in a real browser instead of Dreamweaver. A lot of times we get people here wondering why their site works in dreamweaver and not in the internet: Dreamweaver's rendering engine is usually wrong
The tags such as date picker,color etc work fine in browser but due to some personal reason i want to use dreamweaver.I read in ADOBE's blogs that they are supported by dreamweaver 5.But when i use them due to some reason they are not working.I've posted this question in many forums but i know that this is the only place where my problem could be solved coz it includes senior members like you..

I can't help with Dreamweaver problems since I code my sites in a different program.Are you using the HTML5 DOCTYPE on your page? Maybe it will work if your page is valid. Forms and other things need to be within the body section:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Testing</title></head><body>  <form action="html-date" method="get">	<fieldset>	  Date: <input type="date" name="date" />	  <input type="submit" value="Submit">	</fieldset>  </form></body></html>

Archived