[solved]Merging identical values using XSLT

karthikin

This is my xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><CONTACTS><CONTACT><FirstName>Arun</FirstName><LastName>Arun_Neelam</LastName><Email>nuraaa_iceee@yahoo.co.in</Email></CONTACT><CONTACT><FirstName>Arun</FirstName><LastName>Arun_Neelam</LastName><Email>nuraaa_iceee@gmail.com</Email></CONTACT></CONTACTS>

I want to have the output in the following way:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1250"?><CONTACTS>    <CONTACT>        <FirstName>Arun</FirstName>        <LastName>Arun_Neelam</LastName>        <Email>nuraaa_iceee@gmail.com</Email>        <Email>nuraaa_iceee@yahoo.co.in</Email></CONTACT></CONTACTS>

How do i group them by checking two identical values of the <FirstName><LastName>, if it's true then take the email values and put it as a single contact.I'm not sure I can do it with current-group() and current-grouping-key().Thank you for your support.

With XSLT 2.0 you can use

<xsl:template match="CONTACTS">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:for-each-group select="CONTACT" group-by="concat(FirstName, '|', LastName)">		 <xsl:copy>			 <xsl:copy-of select="FirstName, LastName, current-group()/Email"/>		 </xsl:copy>	</xsl:for-each-group>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template>

With XSLT 1.0 you can use Muenchian grouping.

With XSLT 2.0 you can use
<xsl:template match="CONTACTS">  <xsl:copy>	<xsl:for-each-group select="CONTACT" group-by="concat(FirstName, '|', LastName)">		 <xsl:copy>			 <xsl:copy-of select="FirstName, LastName, current-group()/Email"/>		 </xsl:copy>	</xsl:for-each-group>  </xsl:copy></xsl:template>

With XSLT 1.0 you can use Muenchian grouping.

Thanks for the solution.

Archived