New website

DizzyDan

HeckRaiser.orgOk, so this is my second website. I am still working on a few sections as I am the banner as well. Graphics aren't my strongest point... Just curious what you guys think of the layout, look and function as well as if it works cross browsers.Thanks!

Nice site. I'll have to check out some of your videos, in particular the one with you shredding out some kick butt solo. My only suggestion at first is try and validate your pages as effectively as you can. I think maybe just a little bit more color could help liven the feel up a bit, but overall good layout and presentation.

Thanks, Awesome hope you do! hah. For validation I did clean up a couple of errors that were mine, but 99% of my validation problem is from the Facebook Like Button, ReverbNation Music Player, and Twitter Feed widgets. I try to clean them up I even used Oxi-Clean but it just doesn't get all the grease out. Is there a tool out there that can help clean up their code? Or do i need to just march in to deal with the pain myself and hope they don't ever update to a new widget with more dirty code. I totally agree with the color, I like my Black and White with a splash of color concept but right now its more like a drip of color, been trying to think of how to give it more of a signature SPLASH, also I am not sure I want to stick with the dark red. I'm thinking something brighter that will stand out more maybe a neon green... Dunno I will have to go back to the old trusty trial and error method. Thanks for the Critique!

Thanks, Awesome hope you do! hah. For validation I did clean up a couple of errors that were mine, but 99% of my validation problem is from the Facebook Like Button, ReverbNation Music Player, and Twitter Feed widgets. I try to clean them up I even used Oxi-Clean but it just doesn't get all the grease out. Is there a tool out there that can help clean up their code? Or do i need to just march in to deal with the pain myself and hope they don't ever update to a new widget with more dirty code. I totally agree with the color, I like my Black and White with a splash of color concept but right now its more like a drip of color, been trying to think of how to give it more of a signature SPLASH, also I am not sure I want to stick with the dark red. I'm thinking something brighter that will stand out more maybe a neon green... Dunno I will have to go back to the old trusty trial and error method. Thanks for the Critique!
I don't mind the color the problem is the focus everything just lights up and I don't really know where to look as a designer your job is not only to make things look good but to guide the user through the page, which by adding bad contrast just make ppl leave.. I suggest you read about contrast and colors so you know what to aim for.. It's a good read so it will just be fun :) Don't have any links on me right now but I suggest GOOGLE ;)

Really? i didn't this the contrast was to bad, maybe the presentation could use help if you have any suggestion on how to help the contrast though that would be great.
Your page has everything set to high when it comes to contrast which is good but at the same time bad cause nothing pops out.Here is a good post on contrast:http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/web-design/contrast/

Archived