Forum update

justsomeguy

IPB has updated the forum software to the current version, which obviously adds a number of new features (such as ajax support). This is partly in response to the recent down time at the end of last month. If anyone has questions regarding the updates please ask your questions here in the General forum, or on the Invision Power support forums. edit: this is a rather inauspicious 20,000th post for me

Welcome to 2011 W3Schools!!! This is awesome. A few bugs I see; the html entity is showing up for the '&' in my location.

I love the update! The features and the UI are fabulous! One question: When I try to "Like" a post, it says I've reached my quota of likes for the day even though I haven't liked anything else. Is that feature entirely disabled?

I had to exit out and come back in because I thought clicked the wrong favorite link. Looks fantastic, was wondering what was with the down time, I was stressing out that i might never get HTML help here again!

I had to exit out and come back in because I thought clicked the wrong favorite link.
:lol: I thought the same thing! On a side note, it looks like the new version has/had a bug with code tags. It seems to have converted several characters into their HTML entities like '[]() and probably others, but those are the ones I noticed. It seems like this only happened to previously existing posts as the issue doesn't appear with new posts. EDIT:Sweet! DD, I just got a popup as I was writing saying that a new post had been added. No more missed replies!

I think there's another problem with the new theme. I think Windows line breaks are being converted into two <br> elements in the code blocks:

A sentence with one line break.

I'll have to confirm it.

Wow.... Haven't had much of a chance to look at all the new features yet, but I'm liking the new look. Although, I liked the more compact feel of the older version... ^_^
agreed, although I'm sure it will slowly start to sink in over the next few days. As soon as I logged in, first thought was... whoa. Then next thought was... where are the orange squares?

This is another sentencewith a line break

Let's see what happens... ^_^EDIT: Well it appears that the issue (if it existed) has been fixed, Ingolme. Another thing, just a minor, personal preference. On the board index, there's a panel on the right side that shows recent topics, calendar events, and birthdays. I'd rather see active members instead of birthdays. Don't know if there's a way for me to change it (like a profile setting or something) or if that's something the mods can change or if that's just the way it is.

I added a quick and dirty logo. A graphic designer I am not, but it should do until an official replacement.
it'll do... I think.... :P

agreed, although I'm sure it will slowly start to sink in over the next few days. As soon as I logged in, first thought was... whoa. Then next thought was... where are the orange squares?
:lol: Yeah, it took me a bit to find the "Go to first unread" button, too! Unfortunately, though, the update seems to have reset all my "read" and "unread" topics, because everything is "unread"...
When I try to "Like" a post, it says I've reached my quota of likes for the day even though I haven't liked anything else.
This still happens...

:lol: Yeah, it took me a bit to find the "Go to first unread" button, too! Unfortunately, though, the update seems to have reset all my "read" and "unread" topics, because everything is "unread"...
yeah, I'm getting that too.

speaking of which, is there a legend for all the new icons? Like what's the difference between a star and a circle next to a post? edit: I miss having the forum "jumper" dropdown at the bottom of a page too, to quickly navigate to any other subform.

I found the "like" button problem. You should now be able to give 15 "like" points a day (this is subject to change if the moderators decide to agree on a different value.)

Archived