W3Schools Forum Stylesheet - Stylish Addon

ShadowMage

Cool theme! It must have taken you quite a lot of time to create it. After installing the theme on Firefox, I also ported it to Opera: Install Easy User CSS extension: https://addons.opera.../easy-user-css/Paste this code into the popup when the forum page is open and click "Save". One suggestion: don't you think the new banner icon would look better? It would even fit the color theme.

Cool theme! It must have taken you quite a lot of time to create it.
Yeah, it took me a while. Lot of tinkering and inspecting elements in FireBug. Also took a little creative thinking with some of the selectors to get things to work out just right. ^_^
One suggestion: don't you think the new banner icon would look better? It would even fit the color theme.
You mean the boring, plain white square from the actual banner image? I personally thought my new one looked a bit....fancier. I can tinker with it and see what it looks like using the icon from the actual banner image. EDIT: Wait, maybe I've got the wrong image embedded in the production code.....I accidentally used the wrong one while I was testing it out and maybe that's the one that snuck into my released version.....Let me check......EDIT EDIT: No, that's the right image....

Not that I don't like your logo, but sometimes I think minimalism overrules fanciness. Thinking about it more now, though, the default logo may not look so good with your theme. The font you used in your logo complements your theme better. Something that you may want to change is the "sign up" button. It's one of those things you probably missed because you were logged in. It is the original green still.

Not that I don't like your logo, but sometimes I think minimalism overrules fanciness. Thinking about it more now, though, the default logo may not look so good with your theme. The font you used in your logo complements your theme better.
True, it's easy at times to go overboard with the snazz. I appreciate your words of advice. ^_^FWIW, I tried extracting the icon from the original logo and used it in place of the icon in my logo and the result was actually pretty decent. I still like mine better, but it was definitely usable and a little more minimalistic. EDIT: How do I attach images? I know there's the image tag, but that requires the image to be hosted someplace on the web. How do I upload stuff to My Media? Or is that feature disabled?
Something that you may want to change is the "sign up" button. It's one of those things you probably missed because you were logged in. It is the original green still.
Yep, I noticed that. I did forget about it because I was logged in. Then after I released it, I remembered that I hadn't checked the site from a guest's perspective and that's the first thing I noticed. The update has been applied to the style on userstyles.org.

If you access the advanced reply page ("more reply options") you can attach files using the form beneath the text area.

If you access the advanced reply page ("more reply options") you can attach files using the form beneath the text area.
I don't see a form....When I click "More Reply Options" it moves the post editor to the top of the page and makes it a little bigger. No extra options.......

• 2 weeks later...
...How do I attach images?...
Thanks to JSG, I can now attach files! So....
I tried extracting the icon from the original logo and used it in place of the icon in my logo and the result was actually pretty decent. I still like mine better, but it was definitely usable and a little more minimalistic.
The "new" logo: post-33550-0-72491200-1317411245_thumb.jpg What do you think?

Pretty decent but I think the logo will fit in better without the white gradient bg on the text. I really like how the avatars are looking though.

Pretty decent but I think the logo will fit in better without the white gradient bg on the text. I really like how the avatars are looking though.
Thx for your input! I'll play with the logo to see what it would look like without the "glow" behind the text. The avatars are actually one of the things I'm most happy with. They turned out far better than I expected. ^_^

Archived