Suggestions?

eduard

Another time hasn´t a chilean customer paid me! I´m really fed up with this (2nd time living without any money this month!). I now live 3 years in Chile, but 3 years of many problems and lies. I want to promote myself as a web developer by my website www.eduardlid.com !Does anybody has any suggestions about the website or suggestions in general? P. s. Chile has more advantages than disadvantages!

I don't enjoy having to be honest with you telling the truth, but with the abilities you have now, I would not pay for your work either. You need to learn more before you can start selling your work. My suggestion is to get serious with your learning. Don't make yourself excuses, just encourage yourself to study harder.

If it's about people scamming you, maybe you can ask them for a certain fee before working on anything to make sure they agree they're going to pay you. Another idea (probably the most professional practise) is to sign a contract with the person and hand a signed receipt only once he has payed you. If anything goes wrong, you bring the contract to the police so that they can identify the person.

If it's about people scamming you, maybe you can ask them for a certain fee before working on anything to make sure they agree they're going to pay you.
Note that while this works in terms of making sure the person pays, it also has the psychological effect of making them want their money's worth more quickly, and quickly getting frustrated with you when you screw up. This is normal of course... before the deal is done, they have a nagging feeling that you might scam them. So... if you're going to do this, make absolutely sure that both you and your client know when the site will be done, and make absolutely certain that you can deliver in the timeline without reliying on help that may not come (e.g. this forum).

If it's about people scamming you, maybe you can ask them for a certain fee before working on anything to make sure they agree they're going to pay you. Another idea (probably the most professional practise) is to sign a contract with the person and hand a signed receipt only once he has payed you. If anything goes wrong, you bring the contract to the police so that they can identify the person.
Thanks! From now on I´ll do both!

Note that while this works in terms of making sure the person pays, it also has the psychological effect of making them want their money's worth more quickly, and quickly getting frustrated with you when you screw up. This is normal of course... before the deal is done, they have a nagging feeling that you might scam them. So... if you're going to do this, make absolutely sure that both you and your client know when the site will be done, and make absolutely certain that you can deliver in the timeline without reliying on help that may not come (e.g. this forum).
Many thanks!(p. s. your e. g. is a very good example :Pleased: )

honestly, you're only as good as your last project. I'm not sure if the client saw your website or not, but certainly there must have been expectations on their end that they were expecting you to live up to. In this thread you haven't shown us the client's site or told us what the client didn't like about it, and why they didn't pay. If they were only expecting to get a website as "good" a quality as your own one, then they probably have nothing to complain about, because expectation must have been pretty low. But if they wanted something modern, standards compliant, semantic and well written, then perhaps it was a case of the developer overselling themselves.

honestly, you're only as good as your last project. I'm not sure if the client saw your website or not, but certainly there must have been expectations on their end that they were expecting you to live up to. In this thraead you haven't shown us the client's site or told us what the client didn't like about it, and why they didn't pay. If they were only expecting to get a website as "good" a quality as your own one, then they probably have nothing to complain about, because expectation must have been pretty low. But if they wanted something modern, standards compliant, semantic and well written, then perhaps it was a case of the developer overselling themselves.
You are too early! I´m uploading the client´s website but I have a problem (Parent directory)! Another time (ugh) THIS IS NOT THE USA! Most of the people doesn´t have a computer! Website (sitio web) What´s that?

Archived