Does any P2P Browser like this?

win2004

Hi guys! At present, we know when we log on to one website to browse information(e.g. News),our computer will build a connection to the website server for downloading the data of the web page. Sometimes we may find it very slow to open a web page since the network is busy. Considering the recently popular P2P technogy, if some computers near us have read the web pages of the website,which means that some data have been saved in these computers` buffers,then we can connect to them for downloading these data,instead of directly connecting to the website. The advantage is to release the load of the website server,and more importantly is to improve the speed of browsering web pages. I am not sure about whether some browsers have implemented the function I just said or the like before.Does somebody know this? Or I`d like to see you guys comments on my thinking. Is my thingking feasible? Thanks!

What you descibe is already possible. However, it's not a browser feature, but a network one. It's known as a Proxy server. That's a machine on your local network which saves the last few MBs (how much exactly is set by the network administrator) and if another person inside that network downloads this page, he/she would download from the Proxy instead.There are however few drawbacks of all this. For starters, you can't disable the Proxy's cache. Because of this, popular pages are practically not going to be updated before they are out of the proxy's cache and for that they must become less popular. You must also specifically tell your every application which uses internet connection that you have a Proxy server. If you don't set it correct or don't set it at all, there won't be any connection.That's infact the reason why most of the times, network admins give the proxy a really small cache and therefore you almost never feel speed boost. Because of all of the above, Proxy servers are not something for everyone. It's infact a really annoying technology most of the times.

What you descibe is already possible. However, it\'s not a browser feature, but a network one. It\'s known as a Proxy server. That\'s a machine on your local network which saves the last few MBs (how much exactly is set by the network administrator) and if another person inside that network downloads this page, he/she would download from the Proxy instead.There are however few drawbacks of all this. For starters, you can\'t disable the Proxy\'s cache. Because of this, popular pages are practically not going to be updated before they are out of the proxy\'s cache and for that they must become less popular. You must also specifically tell your every application which uses internet connection that you have a Proxy server. If you don\'t set it correct or don\'t set it at all, there won\'t be any connection.That\'s infact the reason why most of the times, network admins give the proxy a really small cache and therefore you almost never feel speed boost. Because of all of the above, Proxy servers are not something for everyone. It\'s infact a really annoying technology most of the times.

I agree with what you said. But only computers in local network can use Proxy sever. However,if we are not in a local network,instead the Internet,it cannt work.The background of what I described is in the Internet,which we can regard it as a P2P network that consists of countless autonomous peers.So maybe a plug-in into the browsers can be developed to work out it ?

It seems as you have misinterpreted the term P2P. Even P2P networks have servers. Even torrent networks. In order to get a torrent file, you go to a tracker. You use the torrent file to connect to that tracker which connects you to the owner of the file and also tells other people that you have requested this file, so that they can downoad from you as well. The tracker is a real key figure in all of this.You can't have P2P other then direct one-to-one cable, without some kind of third party connection (either a Proxy, or any kind of other machine specialized for this task). Even if there were browser plug-ins that would turn sites into torrent files, you would still need to upload theese files somewhere. OK. Let's say someone sacrifices few TBs so everyone could be happy. You'll still have to keep those files on your PC or delete them and download them later, thus recreating the torrents, thus recreating the connection.It's all just too unstable to work out so simple. If it was that simple, someone would have done it already.