Calendar With Javascript

jimfog

I want to make a calendar with the ability to store events. The events will be called by the user clicking on a day of the calendar. Can the above functionality be accomplished solely with javascript or should i resort to PHP at all?

You have to use a server-side language to communicate with the server, in order to permanently store events. You could store the events on the client-side using just Javascript, but that would probably defeat the purpose of making it a web-app.

Ok i got that, about the server language and the logic side of it-especially about storing the events permanently which is precisely the feature i want. About the calendar markup itself now, do i have to use a table to create it or are there any alternatives?

I created the calendar(the markup i mean) with a table. The problem is that the table cells have thick lines/borders around them-how i can get rid of them?I am talking about the default cells lines the browser outputs. There must be a way removing them, with css probably. This question, probably, belongs to a different forum, i decided to ask it though as it is relevant to the current topic. I fixed it, no need to worry.

Archived