Apache Type

gongpex

Hello everyone, lately I prepare everything to learn web programming, I have apache2Triad and apache Tomcat, If I install apache tomcat that used for JSP, Is tomcat also can be used for PHP? please answer me Thank you

so, if I install both, (apache server and tomcat) on one computer it can be? (because, usually in one computer only can be installed one apache application) please tell me Thank you_____________________________________________________________ Sorry before, Is your avatar are your photo?

so, if I had install apache tomcat, I can install PHP on that apache? but, apache server, have folder that called "htdocs",and tomcat don't have, so where I must put my PHP file if there's no "htdocs" folder after I installed PHP? please tell me thanks_________________________________________________________ from your photo, Is your face similar with Larry Page(google-founder)? -sorry-

Think of Tomcat as an "add on" to Apache, which could also run alone. You can download Tomcat from its official page. You'll also notice the "Connectors" page on the left, which lets you download a module for Apache that lets Apache requests for JSP to be passed to Tomcat.Offtopic://

I don't look like Larry Page, I kind of look like this.
are you a Christian?
:rofl:In case the answer to this (which I don't know or care about) is "no", I hope your reaction would be better than this.[edit]
No, I think that religion is rather silly. But it's true, Jesus looks like me.
Damn... I was secretly hoping you'll say you are, so that I could support you... After all, god and jesus are real gems.[/edit]

I had download tomcat, and install it, so if I download PHP from where I must install it? Because I had read from some source, not all PHP version can be installed on tomcat. In short, can you show me the step by step to install PHP on tomcat? thank's for answer _________________________________________________________________________ about offtopic, please don't be offended, why I like to ask about offtopic, you can read my profile. by the way, are you understand about C++?

You don't install PHP on Tomcat, you are supposed to install both Tomcat and PHP on the Apache server. Tomcat comes in a few versions, some are for Apache and some are not. You need the one for Apache web server. There are some guides online you should be able to find, like this one: http://nexus.zteo.com/blog/2008/02/15/how-to-setup-php5-with-tomcat-5/ When I was taking my college classes I chose C++ as my language to use, so I've got a fair amount of academic experience with it. I haven't used it much outside of school.

so, this you mean : - Install apache server (download from apache.org) - Install tomcat and after finished, then install PHP or - install apache tomcat first - then install apache server, then install PHP which from 2 that you mean? or both are not your mean Thanks _______________________________________________________________________________ sometimes I feel doubt to learn about web or computer programming, because my eyes not too strong to see on computer too long, because I have myopic eyes whereas web or computer programming needs to do it, Are you have suggestion what I must do, so that my myopic eyes not too large?

The point isn't in the installation order, but what is connected to what.You need the pieces to be connected like this, i.e. hook mod_jk and PHP to Apache. For mod_jk to work properly, Tomcat would also have to be installed, whether that's before or after Apache.For avoiding (further?) eye damage, first make sure you're on an LCD, not a CRT monitor. And second (more important part), blink. Studies show that computer users tend to forget to blink, which in turn is what causes eye strain. Make a habit of blinking more often when you're on a computer, and you should neutralize that effect. Of course there's also the standard recommendation of not looking at a screen for ~15m every hour, but we all know that's not feasible.

I have myopia (nearsightedness) also, I usually wear glasses or contacts but it helps to ease the strain if I don't use any correction. My monitor is close enough and big enough to still be able to see, and I increase the font size and use a high contrast color scheme, like you can see in the picture on my monitor on the right side which displays my code. A black background is easier on my eyes than a white background. Even with a larger font size, my vertical 28-inch monitor can still display about 120 lines of code on it, or about 55 lines from each of 2 files.

The point isn't in the installation order, but what is connected to what. You need the pieces to be connected like this, i.e. hook mod_jk and PHP to Apache. For mod_jk to work properly, Tomcat would also have to be installed, whether that's before or after Apache. For avoiding (further?) eye damage, first make sure you're on an LCD, not a CRT monitor. And second (more important part), blink. Studies show that computer users tend to forget to blink, which in turn is what causes eye strain. Make a habit of blinking more often when you're on a computer, and you should neutralize that effect. Of course there's also the standard recommendation of not looking at a screen for ~15m every hour, but we all know that's not feasible.
Hi, your image is really good Thank's

Thanks for reply, __________________________________________________ My computer in home using LCD FLATRON 17" , in office where I work using LCD too, 21" BENQ. If I consume Vitamin A ,or raw carrot (direct eat without cooked,eat like a rabbit) it can help to increase vision? By the way, whether sport can help too? I hope you not objection to answer my question (because I'm worried about with eye damaged) Thanks

Archived