Photoshop Question

moriahcgibbs

You want to remove the background from an existing image or you started working on something and want the background removed?

I think you can do it using the magic wand tool. Select the background with it and then delete it. If it's just white as you said, it shouldn't be complicated.

Just a tip, just to avoid future confusion if you don't know. .jpg files do not save transparency. Any transparent parts are automatically filled with white. If you want transparency, then save it as a .png so you get the transparency and quality.

Depending on how basic the colors are (this works well with solid color images and the like), you could also save the image as GIF with transparency. A GIF image could potentially have the same quality as a PNG-8 image, but not a PNG-24 image.

Just a tip, just to avoid future confusion if you don't know. .jpg files do not save transparency. Any transparent parts are automatically filled with white. If you want transparency, then save it as a .png so you get the transparency and quality.
Hello Krewe, Did you get a chance to read my message? I had sent you a message and I have been waiting for your reply.

Archived