Jump to content
sepoto

SOAP

Recommended Posts

http://asp.wheelpros.com/cs/ws/dealerline.ashx?service=makes&year=2010 In regards to the link above I have been told that I need to interact with the link via SOAP. I am new to SOAP so I am a bit lost really on how to interact with the message retrieved by the link. I know I want to get the message and store only the important parts in an array for use later. Does anyone have sample SOAP code for this? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a tutorial for SOAP in w3schools actually, here s the link http://w3schools.com/soap/default.asp . I don't know if it's up to date, but if you are completely new it will help you understand the basics i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link you provide has nothing SOAP compatible about it.To use SOAP with PHP, you need a link to a WSDL file (this one is not it), and pass it to SOAPClient's constructor. Once that is done, the rest of the methods will reflect the methods described in the WSDL file (which will hopefully be described in a human readable fashion somewhere).If the link is instead supposed to be used with REST, there must be a separate page documenting the kind of URL variables you can pass in addition to the "service" and "year" ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know where I can find some decent tutorials on REST? I did some searching on the internet and I am finding references to a RESTfull framework. Is that the same thing as the REST that you are referring to? Also I could write all the programming to parse these url's myself however I'm looking for the easy button right now as far as getting the information into an array.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REST is basically a way to say that a certain normal URL is intended to be used only by programs (e.g. PHP).If you already know how query strings (i.e. $_GET) parameters work, you know 80% of it, and the other 20% ($_POST, HTTP method, headers, etc.) can be unlocked with PHP extensions like curl and/or pecl_http.There's no documentation of "REST" per se... there the HTTP spec, but that's not what you need to use the service... you need a documentation on THIS service's accepted request variables. And you would need another documentation for another service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...