Sign in to follow this  
Ole

My page does not view correctly in other web browser than Firefox, WHY?

My page does not view correctly in other web browser than Firefox.I want the page to have a "book/magazine" design, where you flip to the next page in HTML. I managed to get the design i wanted, but when i view my page in other browsers, it does not look like it does in firefox. Here is the page I am talking about -open in Firefox for correct view, and then try safari/chrome/opera. Why is it like this?http://www.ia-stud.h...strate/inn.html Here is the source-code:<html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><META NAME="COPYRIGHT" CONTENT="© Ole Andersen, Sun Feb 26 22:43:51 CEST 2012" /><title>Ole Andersen</title> <style type="text/css">a:link {text-decoration: none;COLOR: inherit;}a:visited {text-decoration: none;COLOR: inherit ;}a:hover {text-decoration: none;COLOR: 778899 ;}a:active {text-decoration: none;COLOR: inherit;} img{ margin-right:0px;}</style> <style>#huskelapp{ position:absolute;background-color:#FFFFFF ;border-top-right-radius: 20px;border-top-left-radius: 20px;border-bottom-right-radius: 20px;border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;padding-left: 10px;padding-top:5px;padding-right:4px;padding-bottom:5px;left:240px;height:1110px;width:817px;top:130px;opacity:0.6;filter:alpha(opacity=60);z-index: 0;overflow: hidden;float:left;overflow: hidden; } <!--#wrapper{margin: 0 auto; width: 680px; background-image:url('images/pages.png'); height:601px;}--> #wrapper{margin: 0 auto; width: 1070px; height:601px;} #left{height:540px;width:470px;padding-left: 40px;padding-top:40px;padding-right:40px;padding-bottom:40px; background-image:url('images/inn.png');float:left;} #right{height:540px;width:470px;padding-left: 40px;padding-top:40px;padding-right:40px;padding-bottom:40px; background-image:url('images/right.png'); overflow: hidden;} html{ background: url(images/pages.png) no-repeat center center fixed; -webkit-background-size: cover; -moz-background-size: cover; -o-background-size: cover; background-size: cover;} </style> </head> <body> <div id="wrapper"> <div id="left"> <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br> <center><font color="#000000" face="futura"><font size="1">2 - <a href="index.html">Forrige Side</a> </font></center></div> <div id="right"> <table align="left"><tr><td> <br><font color="#000000" face="futura"><font size="1"> </font></td> <td> <font color="#000000" face="futura"><font size="1"> </td></tr></table> <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center><font color="#000000" face="futura"><font size="1">3 - <a href="1-2.html">Neste Side</a></font></center> </div> <!-- END of #wrapper div --></body> </html>

Edited by Ole

I found out now. B)The width of the #wrapper was too small forcing the "right"div to go beneath the "left"div, instead of next to it.

you're lack of DTD (doctype) will surely have bigger consequence down the road, especially when it comes to viewing in IE.

you're lack of DTD (doctype) will surely have bigger consequence down the road, especially when it comes to viewing in IE.
yourYourYOURGot It?

yourYourYOURGot It?
Dude he is trying to help you and you are being rude like that? Seriously?

yourYourYOURGot It?
wow... good to know there are still some people out there who don't take things too seriously these days.... :good: edit: notice I used too with the two o's. I hope that can make us friends again. Edited by thescientist
  • Like 1