tornator

Using an image as a border

Hellos! I'm having a problem with a border: What I want to do, is to create a line between my site title and my header image. It would be a bottom border for the title. I want to use an image instead of the normal lines, that you normally use. The image is a sort of a chain which I want to span through whole page. What I've tried out so far is:border-bottom: url("/mywebsite/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/chain.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent

You can't use the background syntax for a border image. Border image has its own syntax: http://w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_border-image.asp It doesn't have the best browser support. At the moment you could create a new element and put it where you want the image to appear.

By create a new element I meant to write this in your document:

<div></div>

Uh, I've really no idea how to do this. I added the following above the header:

<div id="chain" role="banner">    <a href="url(page/wp-content/chain.png)"></div>

This didn't work :D

Edited by tornator

Something like this:>[CSS]>div#chain{height:5px; background-image:url('chain.png')}>

>[/b][code]<div id="chain"><!--Leave here empty--></div>[/code]

NB: Visit w3schools.com, learn HTML and use the 'do it yourself' button to see how things works!

Edited by eTianbun