hover, mouse over on iPad, iPhone

citikid

Greetings, I'm using CSS tags in the head of my pages for changing the opacity of images. I mainly use it for linked images.When I hover over a linked image the opacity changes. I click the link to continue. My problem is with ios devices such as iPads. I understand that hovering on an iPad is not a good design feature and I accept that there is no hover behavior to be expected. But some of my pages do not trigger the links unless I hit the img two times. On most of the pages if I click on a linked img the img blinks quickly (quick hover behavior) and then triggers. On some of the pages I hit the img and it blinks but does not trigger the link. If I hit it again it continues to the link. One important thing that I've discovered is that the pages that work correctly are at the top level of the site. The ones that have the odd behavior are nested inside a sub table and iframe. The hover code is exactly the same on all pages:http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_image_transparency.asp Does anyone know why this might happen? I'm also interested to know if there's a better way of handling the img opacity on mouse-over that I'm trying to achieve? inline code? so only certain images are affected. Thanks in advanceck

citikid - I don't know that this is necessarily an answer, but what you said about having to double click things that are inside a sub table or iframe reminded me of a time that I had to click on a flash object first, in order to be able to interact with it. I wonder if this same thing is happening on ios devices. Not sure that it helps, but I figured I would share my thoughts in case it might trigger something else.