PHP showing on website?

eduard

No.A database does not "show" results of input. PHP is the one doing the showing, taking the database as input.The database itself takes input from PHP."Wait, doesn't that mean PHP and the database are both input and output for each other? Like in a circle or something?" I hear you wondering... yes! They are. PHP can, at one time provide input to the database, and at another time, use the database as input. They are literally connected to each other. But your users are only ever connected to your PHP file. Never with your database.

This diagram shows, very simplified, how you manage a database:

1. Client asks PHP for a page
  2. PHP requests data from the database
  3. The database gives data back to PHP
  4. PHP assembles the data into a page and gives it to the client

Client   Client|	  ^|	  |v	  |PHP	 PHP|	  ^|	  |v	  |[_Database_]

Thanks! However, I do it as follows. I learn the php tutorial of W3Schools and use the examples (with other texts!) on my website!Or: Insert Data From a Form Into a DatabaseThen it can´t be wrong! Can it?

Edited by eduardchile

This diagram shows, very simplified, how you manage a database:
  1. Client asks PHP for a page
  2. PHP requests data from the database
  3. The database gives data back to PHP
  4. PHP assembles the data into a page and gives it to the client

Client   Client |	  ^|	  |v	  |PHP	 PHP|	  ^|	  |v	  |[_Database_]

Thanks! However not ´attractive´ for a client!

F*** the client! The diagram is meant to show you how things work.

I would worry about you being able to explain it to yourself first. When that happens, you should be able to make any pretty diagrams you want for the client.

I think it's clear to most of us that it is not clear to you, or else you wouldn't be asking the questions that you do. You've already said you don't know the difference between PHP, HTML, and Javascript, so how would you know what the chain of communication is when a client requests a PHP page that interacts with a database? I'm not convinced that you actually know what a database is. A database is not something that you download, or you post a link to, or you show a client. I've never had a client ask me to show them the database for their application. The data is the important part, not the database, and the data in the database is useless without an application to access it. The database is essentially only a storage medium, like a DVD. Giving a client your actual database is like someone asking to watch a movie and you just show them what the DVD looks like.

I think it's clear to most of us that it is not clear to you, or else you wouldn't be asking the questions that you do. You've already said you don't know the difference between PHP, HTML, and Javascript, so how would you know what the chain of communication is when a client requests a PHP page that interacts with a database? I'm not convinced that you actually know what a database is. A database is not something that you download, or you post a link to, or you show a client. I've never had a client ask me to show them the database for their application. The data is the important part, not the database, and the data in the database is useless without an application to access it. The database is essentially only a storage medium, like a DVD. Giving a client your actual database is like someone asking to watch a movie and you just show them what the DVD looks like.
I´m not awake enough to read your comment, but do you serioudly think that I don´t know the difference between html, php, javascript, etc.? (you´re kidding. so was I!)

I´m not awake enough to read your comment, but do you serioudly think that I don´t know the difference between html, php, javascript, etc.?
Well, you DO post questions about HTML or Javascript in the PHP forum.

I´m not awake enough to read your comment, but do you serioudly think that I don´t know the difference between html, php, javascript, etc.? (you´re kidding. so was I!)
Stop joking about your knowledge or lack there of! It's not funny, and it's impossible to detect without an emoticon next to the joke.

but do you serioudly think that I don´t know the difference between html, php, javascript, etc.? (you´re kidding. so was I!)
your posts speak themselves. And it wouldn't be such a big deal, but you claim to want to be a web developer, yet you show no signs of the discipline, focus, and concentration needed for learning, retaining, and demonstrating anything you "learn". Which is fine, programming is not an aptitude that everyone possesses.
  • Like 1

your posts speak themselves. And it wouldn't be such a big deal, but you claim to want to be a web developer, yet you show no signs of the discipline, focus, and concentration needed for learning, retaining, and demonstrating anything you "learn". Which is fine, programming is not an aptitude that everyone possesses.
No comments! (too ridiculous!)

Come on guys, give him a break, hes seem to be new at php like i am, but eduardlid you should really listen to these guys, i have learned so much from them, and now im capable of fixing my errors in php without them getting to the point of telling me what i did wrong, pretty much it be the smallest mistake, such as placing the wrong code in the wrong place or not closing a tag or placing both quotes where its needed. im also motivated to supass these guys or atleast get on their level so i can also help out those who are having trouble with these kind of thing, "im not a rockie and im not a pro, im just decent" the key to learning is to listen, accept and process, in other words, if someone gives you advice take it and run with it, if your not too sure on their advice, test it and if its wrong do feel free to let them know that it didnt work "they wouldnt mind being wrong" and im capable of saying this because i have a website that i need to fix which these guys helped me to fix 50% of the errors, so im gonna try and fix the other 50% on my own P.S stop assuming that your going to fail, if thats your attitude then programming isnt for you sorry to say, you need to be motivated about what your doing or your just going to keep feeling like your going to fail, now

• Like 1

i also looked at your html form, and you have 2 head tags and 2 title tags, um you should have 1 head tag "including the closing" and 1 title tag "including the closing". also your form isnt your to work if you have part of it in 1 div and the other parts in different divs, you can have the inputs in different divs "please correct me if im not" and its going to work, so you should be doing something like this

<form method="post"  action="#"><div class="name"><input type="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" /><input type="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" /></div>

and whatever other inputs and divs you need to go there, then you follow it up with

</form>

and this should allow your form to work, with the correct php script "not 100% good with php but i can help to my best knowledge well hope your stuff comes out good :glare: DDS1 we aint a pro............. :good: yetttt

psssh :boredom: that was a lot i skipped number 2 "didnt notice there was a number 2 blaaaah" and foxy you mind if i kidnap your example of php to mysql image?

Edited by DDs1

Come on guys, give him a break, hes seem to be new at php like i am, but eduardlid you should really listen to these guys, i have learned so much from them, and now im capable of fixing my errors in php without them getting to the point of telling me what i did wrong, pretty much it be the smallest mistake, such as placing the wrong code in the wrong place or not closing a tag or placing both quotes where its needed. im also motivated to supass these guys or atleast get on their level so i can also help out those who are having trouble with these kind of thing, "im not a rockie and im not a pro, im just decent" the key to learning is to listen, accept and process, in other words, if someone gives you advice take it and run with it, if your not too sure on their advice, test it and if its wrong do feel free to let them know that it didnt work "they wouldnt mind being wrong" and im capable of saying this because i have a website that i need to fix which these guys helped me to fix 50% of the errors, so im gonna try and fix the other 50% on my own P.S stop assuming that your going to fail, if thats your attitude then programming isnt for you sorry to say, you need to be motivated about what your doing or your just going to keep feeling like your going to fail, now
i´m going to fail? if i had thought thar for 1 second i had stopped inmediately p s my computer is defect

i´m going to fail? if i had thought thar for 1 second i had stopped inmediately p s my computer is defect
stop making so much excuses dude, i learned about designing on a pc which use to keep on crashing very 5mins, it took me days just to complete one project so ya really think i sat in that class and was like oo its my pc? i got up and did what i did, every 4mins i use to save my work restart my pc and keep going and when i get home i use to do the rest at my cuzin crib, so stop making excuses, man up and get on with it

PS you need to read and understand, i never said your going to fail, i said to stop ASSUMING <--- key word