sorting arrays

Ustag

Hi, I am generating a bunch of arrays but I would like to change the order of these. This is my code now:

$players_killed['time'] = strtotime($time);$players_killed['name'] = ': '.$player;arsort($players_killed, SORT_NUMERIC);echo var_dump($players_killed) .'<br>';

And this is the output:

array(2) { ["time"]=> int(1334027580) ["name"]=> string(106) ": Brbasher" }array(2) { ["time"]=> int(1334029860) ["name"]=> string(102) ": Dynext" }array(2) { ["time"]=> int(1334029260) ["name"]=> string(110) ": Kronigrass" }array(2) { ["time"]=> int(1334036580) ["name"]=> string(108) ": Poliminia" }

How can I make them order by the time value? My attempt with arsort($players_killed, SORT_NUMERIC); sure failed.

It seems like that you're creating a new array every time instead of having everything in one array. Sorting will only work if you have all you data within an array.

You can sort multidimensional arrays, but you need to use a custom sorting function. This page shows how to sort a multidimensional array:http://es.php.net/manual/en/function.usort.php

Archived