Next step?

eduard

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean how? The code outputs some HTML code now, so have it output whatever HTML code you want it to output. There's no secret to doing that.
Integrating the mysql queries in e. g. my homepage?

I´m getting very tired of these replies! Like a reply as above: to study the select query I had to study this page! Such quick replies don´t help me (on the contrarie!) Maybe had someone could have written: send me your html file and I show you how and where the php code! But that needs time! And again remove that terrible translate thing: I don´t use it and I won´t!

Edited by eduardlid

Start with your PHP file, not your HTML file. Take the different parts of your HTML code and add them to the PHP file where you want them to go. The PHP code should output its content somewhere in the body tag of your HTML code.

<html><head>...</head><body>... <?php...?> ...</body></html>

Start with your PHP file, not your HTML file. Take the different parts of your HTML code and add them to the PHP file where you want them to go. The PHP code should output its content somewhere in the body tag of your HTML code.
<html><head>...</head><body>... <?php...?> ...</body></html>

That´s what I need! Thanks very much!

Just so you know, you don't need to ask people for every basic thing. There are any number of tutorials online that will show you the absolute basics like this, and you can find them in any language you want. It's faster for you to do the research and find the answers yourself than it is to post a question and, 82 posts later, get an answer.

Just so you know, you don't need to ask people for every basic thing. There are any number of tutorials online that will show you the absolute basics like this, and you can find them in any language you want. It's faster for you to do the research and find the answers yourself than it is to post a question and, 82 posts later, get an answer.
If it was such a basic thing! Why was it necessary to receive 82 replies to get a good answer? (maybe it´s for you basic, for me it isn´t! That´s why I registered!)

No, believe me, learning about how to mix PHP and HTML is one of the first things you learn when you're learning PHP. You can find it right here, in the Basic PHP Syntax section of the tutorial (right after "Intro" and "Install"): http://www.w3schools.../php_syntax.asp

If it was such a basic thing! Why was it necessary to receive 82 replies to get a good answer?
Maybe you should ask yourself that, Eduard. Maybe you're not asking the right questions, or you're not understanding the answers. Neither of those are our fault. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, my point is that you can do your own research (and need to do your own research if you're ever going to get anywhere with programming) instead of waiting for answers to basic questions. Of course, if you have another year or two to pick up the most basic parts of PHP before moving on to anything useful, then keep doing what you're doing.

No, believe me, learning about how to mix PHP and HTML is one of the first things you learn when you're learning PHP. You can find it right here, in the Basic PHP Syntax section of the tutorial (right after "Intro" and "Install"): http://www.w3schools.../php_syntax.asp Maybe you should ask yourself that, Eduard. Maybe you're not asking the right questions, or you're not understanding the answers. Neither of those are our fault. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, my point is that you can do your own research (and need to do your own research if you're ever going to get anywhere with programming) instead of waiting for answers to basic questions. Of course, if you have another year or two to pick up the most basic parts of PHP before moving on to anything useful, then keep doing what you're doing.
That has nothing (?) to do with my question: integrating mysql queries in my homepage!I hadn´t expect an answer of you like this! Fortunately, I know myself very well, I´ll succeed! If you think like that (and others!) you better don´t write me anymore. I came to this forum for help - which some members me give; not for self-destruction! I´ll make it a lot easier for you!The persons who REALLY HELP ME (very much!) are:- Don E- Boen_Robot- Thescientist (although we have many conflicts, but he knows very much!) Edited by eduardlid

it will probably be 95% work done by this forum's member (if there is still patience) and the rest 5% from you.
The persons who REALLY HELP ME (very much!) are:- Don E- Boen_Robot- Thescientist (although we have many conflicts, but he knows very much!)
Whoopee! Well chaps, congrats for volunteering for share of 95%.

That has nothing (?) to do with my question: integrating mysql queries in my homepage!
But yet my reply of how to combine PHP and HTML was "what you need?" OK, Eduard, I'm obviously incapable of helping you. ######, I can't even understand you. Good luck with your hand-holding.

This was too difficult? intrgratephpmyadmin into website (Google)

Edited by eduardlid

But yet my reply of how to combine PHP and HTML was "what you need?" OK, Eduard, I'm obviously incapable of helping you. ######, I can't even understand you. Good luck with your hand-holding.
I had clearly written: integrate mysql queries into website! P. s. integrate is NOT combine! (so, whose (english) understanding is bad?) Edited by eduardlid

You can show a table, that's in a database. You can run a query that displays the whole table: SELECT * FROM tableName; Then you can take the results from that and 'show' it on your website. You can even put(format) it inside a HTML <table>.
As I asked before (post 66); Could you be more specific, please? The customer can insert data into a (small) html form, via php + mysql in a database into phpmyadmin and can see directly in e. g. <table> on my website. I assume with the mysql queries insert and select! (I hope someone understands me now!) Edited by eduardlid

I had clearly written: integrate mysql queries into website! P. s. integrate is NOT combine! (so, whose (english) understanding is bad?)
:facepalm: yikes. i think you've clearly demonstrated that it is YOU who has a lack of understanding of english.http://dictionary.re...rowse/integrate

#2: to make up, combine, or complete to produce a whole or a larger unit, as parts do.

#3:

to

unite

or

combine

If I didn't already "know" you through this forum, I could probably just blame it on lack of a bad English instructor, but I do, so I can probably chalk it up to your "rigorous" attention to detail....

Edited by thescientist

As I asked before (post 66); Could you be more specific, please?
try and do something on your own for once!!! The examples are right ##### there!http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_select.asp

Ok, (simple reply!) In Dutch there´s significant difference between combine and integrate e.g you can say that you can combine clothes (colors), but you don´t say: you can integrate clothes!

P. s. integrate is NOT combine! (so, whose (english) understanding is bad?)
That's still you. integrate; verb: mix, merge. synonym: combine; verb: connect, integrate
Ok, (simple reply!) In Dutch there´s significant difference between combine and integrate
But we're not arguing about who has the better understanding of Dutch, are we?

That's still you. integrate; verb: mix, merge. synonym: combine; verb: connect, integrate But we're not arguing about who has the better understanding of Dutch, are we?
I thought I came to this forum about help of php, not of (american) english! Or is that a requirement that I must have a certain level of (american) english? I have not seen it! If so, you can remove many more members of these fora!

I thought I came to this forum about help of php, not of (american) english! Or is that a requirement that I must have a certain level of (american) english? I have not seen it! If so, you can remove many more members of these fora!
If you're here to talk about PHP, then why are you arguing about language?

If you're here to talk about PHP, then why are you arguing about language?
I????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you want to keep talking about this Eduard? Should we keep discussing languages? What about Argentina, do you want to talk about Argentina instead? Or we could cover life in a hostel. Or, wait, how about you ask a question, like how to integrate PHP into an HTML website, and we'll give you the answers, and then you can say we don't understand the question. How about we do that some more?