Issue with deploying my first .asp Website: 404.0 - Not found

Kamicase

Hello everyone, I am new to .asp but interested in the possibilities and have one or two smaller projects I would like to develop some skills on.So far I have followed the W3Schools .asp tutorial, installed IIS (enabling the .asp extension), the MyWeb folder and copy/pasted some .asp Code into a .txt document, saved it as test1.asp and then tried to access it via http://localhost/MyWeb/test1.asp .The script itself reads:

<%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %> <!--- You should get ---><!--- current system date and time ---> <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>ASP Test Page</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY>Today's date and time is <%=Now()%>.</BODY></HTML>

But everytime I try to load the page it gives me: HTTP-Fehler 404.0 - Not Found I have quadruplechecked the adress C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb\test1.asp with the one it wants to access C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyWeb\test1.asp, I have checked if the .asp extension is active under Assigned Handlers (or the closest match, I'm translating from the German Handlerzuordungen here) and now I have to admit that I need help. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I can load regular .htm scripts onto my firefox. What I have noted though is that for some reason my computer doesn't convert the extensions.I have created a .txt File, written some HTML script in it and saved it as test.htm but it still remained a text document and wasn't accepted as a Firefox HTML Document. Then I downloaded a test file from w3s which worked just great but as I went to save it on my desktop I noted that my textfile was saved under test.htm.txt.Could this maybe be part of the problem?

Son of a gun!Well that took care of it.Silly Notepad. Lesson learned then: When writing .asp Code using the Notepad you have to drop down the Menu to "All files" when saving it, else it will be saved as a textfile, regardless of the ending. Thank you so much!