Validate again?

eduard

I´ve copied and paste my index.html to the W3validator (direct input). Can I now edit this document and validate it again?

• Like 1

I´ve copied and paste my index.html to the W3validator (direct input). Can I now edit this document and validate it again?
First impulse: create a topicreceive answersignore answersrepeat step A

what makes you think you couldn't? Did you really have to create a topic asking if you can validate a page more than once? Why didn't you just.... do it. Good grief. till 4:48 is how I assume the OP must live every second of his programming life
Edited by thescientist
  • Like 1

I´m fed up with all these stupid questions and answers! I´m now searching for ´encoding a html document´! When I´ve time I´m going to write a simple, ´normal´ tutorial, because now I´ve lost a ###### of a time to stupid things like above. Creating a html, css, php etc. isn´t that difficult! To write a good = simple, clear, easy to read tutorial is something different!

Yes, stupid replies like yours do I ignore! (therefore not repeat step A!)

what makes you think you couldn't? Did you really have to create a topic asking if you can validate a page more than once? Why didn't you just.... do it. Good grief.
I agree...1000%...
Yes, stupid replies like yours do I ignore! (therefore not repeat step A!)
You know that as a programmer you actually have to come up with things on your own right? you can't run off to a forum for every single minor question you have. You can't tell your client you won't be able to make your deadline because "no one is replying to my post!". seriously you have the page right in front of you. There is no reason for this topic to even exist. it's like I walked through a door but can I walk back through the door as well.... Edited by elexion

Guest LH91325
Runtime error: label "A" undefined in line #4. Execution terminated. ;) Edited by LH91325

How do I get line numbers at the validator, because the line numbers of my editor aren´t the same?

When I´ve time I´m going to write a simple, ´normal´ tutorial, because now I´ve lost a ###### of a time to stupid things like above. Creating a html, css, php etc. isn´t that difficult! To write a good = simple, clear, easy to read tutorial is something different!
Um....seriously? Go for it, dude..... *Walks away shaking head* Edited by tnd1000

Guest LH91325
How do I get line numbers at the validator, because the line numbers of my editor aren´t the same?
1. Turn on "show source code" to see what the validator is looking at. It's an option on the validation site. 2. The line numbers refer to your HTML code, not your PHP code. The validator has no idea what your PHP code line numbers are, or even if you used PHP. You'll have to look at your HTML listing and figure out which PHP code lines created that HTML.

an attribute value literal can occur in an attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter<div id="idioma">???

A VI delimiter is the equal sign. One reason for that may be because that character is not a normal equal sign, but some other UTF8 character that looks like one, or there could be an error on the previous line like a missing closing quote.

If I could I just say something...I don't think that you're helping eduardlid in your answers. I mean, you guys truly seem awesome people who obviously know your way around programming. You're always ready to help and that is very gentle... honestly.But he won't actually learn anything from these questions/answers. Because minor questions like the ones you (eduardolid) have made, will always occur. I'm nobody to tell you what to do, but I strongly feel that you should struggle with your work. You are not learning. You can't think on your own.Just take a moment to reflect about it, is my piece of advice.

Guest LH91325

You should post your latest code on your shared hosting service and then anybody can see the HTML source and can run the validation and see the error report. I just checked there and it's still 32 errors and 5 warnings. One tip about validating HTML code. Fix the first error first. One error can sometimes cause multiple errors later, and fixing the initial error sometimes results in a significant drop in total errors listed by the validator. Looking at your current problem it could easily be caused by something on a preceding line (like JSG just said). We can get into rounds of pointless speculation unless we can see all the code, or even better see the code and be able to validate it too.

Guest LH91325

And why isn't this posted in the HTML section? EDIT: Thank you whichever moderator moved the topic. :)

Edited by LH91325

You should post your latest code on your shared hosting service and then anybody can see the HTML source and can run the validation and see the error report. I just checked there and it's still 32 errors and 5 warnings. One tip about validating HTML code. Fix the first error first. One error can sometimes cause multiple errors later, and fixing the initial error sometimes results in a significant drop in total errors listed by the validator. Looking at your current problem it could easily be caused by something on a preceding line (like JSG just said). We can get into rounds of pointless speculation unless we can see all the code, or even better see the code and be able to validate it too.
On line 32 Off line 16 1 warning still 12 Edited by eduardlid

On line 32 Off line 16 1 warning
What I´m looking for is a simple, basic explanation of the validation errors! (Google?)

The validation errors explain themselves. But unless I can see the actual code I can't know why the validator found a problem on that line.

Guest LH91325
What I´m looking for is a simple, basic explanation of the validation errors! (Google?)
You've probably already got the best explanation from the validator that you're going to get. Nobody can explain it to you without seeing your code. And no, please don't post your code. Update your hosting site and we can see and validate your code ourselves. There are plenty of articles, examples and tutorials explaining HTML on W3Schools. Might be a good idea to read some of them. It's a lot easier to write good HTML than it is to write bad HTML and figure out what's wrong with it. Also, start small and then work towards bigger. I see that all the time in all the W3S forum areas I've read. Novices write a whole mess of HTML or PHP or whatever and then they try to get it working. It's better to start out with a small amount of code, and then add more to it bit by bit, revalidate. You can see that it's more likely than not that when you introduce new code the error is probably in what you just added. And you'll probably be looking for fewer bugs that way too. It might do you good to read a book, cover to cover, and that way you're guaranteed to be exposed to every concept just a bit. I suggest perhaps HTML for Dummies. The Dummies series may have funny titles but I've read several of them on various different subjects and they've all been well written and in simple language because they know their readers are novices.

The validation errors explain themselves. But unless I can see the actual code I can't know why the validator found a problem on that line.
For experienced persons; not for beginners!

You've probably already got the best explanation from the validator that you're going to get. Nobody can explain it to you without seeing your code. And no, please don't post your code. Update your hosting site and we can see and validate your code ourselves. There are plenty of articles, examples and tutorials explaining HTML on W3Schools. Might be a good idea to read some of them. It's a lot easier to write good HTML than it is to write bad HTML and figure out what's wrong with it. Also, start small and then work towards bigger. I see that all the time in all the W3S forum areas I've read. Novices write a whole mess of HTML or PHP or whatever and then they try to get it working. It's better to start out with a small amount of code, and then add more to it bit by bit, revalidate. You can see that it's more likely than not that when you introduce new code the error is probably in what you just added. And you'll probably be looking for fewer bugs that way too. It might do you good to read a book, cover to cover, and that way you're guaranteed to be exposed to every concept just a bit. I suggest perhaps HTML for Dummies. The Dummies series may have funny titles but I've read several of them on various different subjects and they've all been well written and in simple language because they know their readers are novices.
I totally agree with you!