Adjusting the video player

eduard

Next to ¨we¨ is written ¨I¨ not ¨we¨!
I also mean the same thing when I say "we". "we" all mean the same thing when "we" say "we". The people who help you are "we". Whenever "we" want to include you in the "we", "we" will say "you and we" or something similar, or "we" will explicitly clarify that you are included in the "we".
I came to you (plural!), you not to me!
Which is one more reason we get to have some demands - it's in your interest that you learn, not anyone else's, and it is therefore in your interest to go over some checks.
I like your explantion of those things very much (so, I´ve studied them!), but you can´t test my knowledge!
Do you mean "you can't" as in "you shouldn't" or "you're unable to"? Why?
I beforehand know that I´ll get a lot of critics! So, who´s going to judge?
Oh, is that the problem? Sure, you'll get a lot of critiques... but weren't you more often than not getting just that before now? Where's the difference?Who's going to judge [the accuracy of your answers]? Me! I was the one to give you the questions, so I'll be the judge of how accurate the answers are. Others will write corrections too, and you can feel free to incorporate their critiques into your later attempts or not.The very idea is for us to critique your (probably incorrect) idea of the "technical terms", so that we can help you better later on. We can't do that unless you present them in your terms, so that we can use your terms in our corrections. We may go over a few "answer/critiques" iterations over the course of a few days... or we can go in circles for another year or more, until you get the balls to face some (well intentioned) critique. So, which one is it going to be?

There are distinctions for me:- to test (I had many unpleasant! tests until now!)!- to prove. I dom´t like it, but if you wish later today (I´ve to do some shopping)

There are distinctions for me:- to test (I had many unpleasant! tests until now!)!- to prove. I dom´t like it, but if you wish later today (I´ve to do some shopping)
I'm pretty sure everyone has had at least one case of an unpleasant test in school. It's especially traumatizing when one doesn't understand the subject even today.But this is where the difference with school is - in school, when you fail a test, you get a bad grade, and you move on to the next subject without having grasped the one you failed the test at. The trauma in fact comes because you feel incomplete by not grasping the earlier stuff. Here, we can keep correcting stuff until you get it, and move on only then. No bad grade to "stamp" you with for the rest of the learning process. There's just two possibilities per subject - you either got it, or you haven't (yet) got it.The test serves as proof that you grasped the fundamentals, allowing us to move on.Whenever you're ready...For your convenience, here are the questions again:
Tell me what does "element" mean? In particular, give me a few real examples of an element (the explanation I once gave you features a pseudo explame; I want a real one to confirm you got it).What does "attribute" mean? Again, give me real examples.What can the value of "id" be? More importantly, do you decide it, or can it only be something that HTML asks of you?

I'm pretty sure everyone has had at least one case of an unpleasant test in school. It's especially traumatizing when one doesn't understand the subject even today. But this is where the difference with school is - in school, when you fail a test, you get a bad grade, and you move on to the next subject without having grasped the one you failed the test at. The trauma in fact comes because you feel incomplete by not grasping the earlier stuff. Here, we can keep correcting stuff until you get it, and move on only then. No bad grade to "stamp" you with for the rest of the learning process. There's just two possibilities per subject - you either got it, or you haven't (yet) got it. The test serves as proof that you grasped the fundamentals, allowing us to move on. Whenever you're ready... For your convenience, here are the questions again:
I´m not talking about schools! (they are the easy part!)

OK, back to your issue... you were already told how to solve it, but since you can't seem to grasp the explanation, let's try to see what you're missing... Tell me what does "element" mean? In particular, give me a few real examples of an element (the explanation I once gave you featuresa pseudo explame; I want a real one to confirm you got it). An element is everything between the start - and end tag e. g.<p>In the HTML syntax, most elements are written ...</p> What does "attribute" mean? Again, give me real examples. Attribute means property.Attributes are specified on the start tag. For example, the abbr element, which represents an abbreviation, expects a title attribute with its expansion. This would be written as<abbr title="Hyper Text Markup Language">HTML</abbr> What can the value of "id" be? More importantly, do you decide it, or can it only be something that HTML asks of you?This question I don´t understand well! Do you mean:
  • Must begin with a letter A-Z or a-z
  • Can be followed by: letters (A-Za-z), digits (0-9), hyphens ("-"), and underscores ("_")
  • In HTML, all values are case-insensitive

Id is also used in Javascript, JQuery, .... (I have personally explained those things to you, and you claimed to understand them... prove it!)

Another question is what is the difference between a block element, and inline element, and also what effect does float have on the block element, and neighbouring block elements, because this is the main reason, his site crumbles when adding new elements.
Block Takes up the full width available, with a new line before and after (display:block;) Inline Takes up only as much width as it needs, and does not force new lines (display:inline;) http://css-tricks.com/all-about-floats/

I inmediately have a question: the 2 images and video on my website are inline blocks? And in my css file I need: float and clear?

Edited by eduardlid

Hmmm, what can i say? but is just a Copy and paste stuff a'ight?
If YOU think so! Go ahead with your questions! Edited by eduardlid

Guest So Called

ORLY? :) I wonder why he isn't reading W3Schools. That's how I found the site, good explanations of HTML and CSS. More detailed than Wikipedia. Well, points off for copping from a non-authoritative source. ;)

Well, am not trying to stress him more, but i just want him to know the fact. I like him, but The problem is, he just dont want to do the right thing. If you can copy/paste, why cant you just read it, and explain it your own way.

But you can see the same text in the Wikipedia article for "HTML Element"
To STUDY the questions I need my information from 1 source!But if you still have doubts; go ahead with your questions (as I also wrote above!)

Well, am not trying to stress him more, but i just want him to know the fact. I like him, but The problem is, he just dont want to do the right thing. If you can copy/paste, why cant you just read it, and explain it your own way.
That always has been the problem! To reply my questions so that I could understand it! My best ´teacher´is boen_robot (he should write books!). Why? He tries to explain the ´problem´ in - at least for me - an understandable lenguage!

Do you have chidren? If so, Do you speak their language?

Guest So Called
To STUDY the questions I need my information from 1 source!But if you still have doubts; go ahead with your questions (as I also wrote above!)
Well, to be fair, the picture looks like your picture here, but you seem to have changed your last name... Not that there's any reason your picture here is real... But that's getting way off technical matters, or even discussing learning. To study any subject the more information sources you have the better it is. If one explanation doesn't suit you then perhaps another author can explain it better. You seem to be able to find articles explaining the subjects well enough to plagiarize them. Why don't you just read them? If you don't understand that then Google some more, read some more, etc. I don't understand why you continually need forum members to go find information for you and then type it into a forum reply. Why don't you go directly to the source. If you read even 10% of the HTML and CSS explanations on W3Schools you'd be far ahead. You should cut out the middle man (asking questions in the forum, waiting for members to reply) and go directly to the source. When I was in school the most important thing they taught was how to go find information and teach yourself.

Guest So Called
Do you have chidren? If so, Do you speak their language?
BTW that reminds me. Having children is hereditary. If your parents didn't have any children then you probably won't either. :) . Edited by So Called
  • Like 1

None of your images, or video uses inline-block, if they did you would not need float OR clear.
But that I should do: make 3 inline-blocks?