how do you delete parts of an image

SnakesBite101

hey guys. today is my 1st day working with images. i saw a nice pic i saw i wanted to add to my 1st test site. problem is the pic is to tall. i dont want to adjust the height in css because there are parts of the pic that i would rather delete. i used Paint to cut the section i did'nt want. sadly paint cuts and turns that section blank, but its still part of the pic. ive tried the cut method on gimp too and its the same thing. what is the feature called to actually delete parts of a pic, or how can i do this? thanks

There's more than one way to do it.Photoshop has a "slice" function that selects a portion of the image and removes everything else. Another way you could do it is select "canvas size" from the Image menu and make it smaller.

There's more than one way to do it.Photoshop has a "slice" function that selects a portion of the image and removes everything else. Another way you could do it is select "canvas size" from the Image menu and make it smaller.
hey thanks i got it to work using your method. ive never had t a chance to get into photoshop, is it affordable? so many people have it but i remember being told its $700? any cheaper versions of photoshop out there? Edited by SnakesBite101

GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, SAI Paint, Paint.NET. They're cheaper or free.There's also Photoshop Elements which is like Photoshop but with less options. I got it free with my drawing tablet. Every image editor has some form of "resize canvas" option, event MS Paint. Photoshop has the special slice tool, I'm not sure if GIMP has it. Photoshop is pretty expensive.

Guest So Called

What you want is CROP. Look for an editing choice in any editor you're using to crop the image.

Edited by So Called

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...