tshing70

how to make Add and Edit in one form?

I have a lndex.php to show the data, and Add , Edit text link to member.php....but how can i do the ADD and EDIT in one form???anyone can provide some example code???

you can pass any flag in action attribue of the form like http://somesite.com/member.php?action=addon the recieving page you will check $_GET['action'] and act depending upon that.

Sry, but i quite confuse... can help check my code??index.php<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>List</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <table border="1" width"400"><tr> <td>Id</td><td>Name</td><td>Gender</td><td>Dob</td><td>Address</td><td>State</td><td>Ismember</td></tr> <?php $link=mysql_connect("localhost","root",""); $db=mysql_select_db("member_db", $link); $querry="SELECT * FROM newmember"; $result = mysql_query($querry); $i = 1; while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC) ) ?> <tr> <td><?php echo $row['P_Id']; ?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Name']; ?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Gender'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Dob'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Address']; ?></td> <td><?php echo $row['State'];?></td> <td><?php echo $row['Ismember'];?></td> <td>[<a href =editform.php?id=<?php echo $row['P_Id]?>">Edit</a>] [<a href =deleteform.php?id=<?php echo $row['P_Id]?>">Delete</a>] </td> </tr> <a href = "member.php?id=<?php echo $row['P_Id']?>">Add New Member</a> </TABLE></BODY></HTML> member.php<HTML> <?php if (isset($_POST['submit'])){$name = $_POST['Name'];$gender = $_POST['Gender'];$dob = $_POST['Dob'];$address = $_POST['Address'];$state = $_POST['State'];$ismember = $_POST['Ismember']; $link=mysql_connect("localhost","root","");$db=mysql_select_db("member_db", $link); $sql = "INSERT INTO newmember (Name,Gender,Dob,Address,State,Ismember)VALUES ('','$name','$gender','$dob','$address','$state','$ismember')";$result = mysql_query($sql);if($result){echo("<br>Input data is sucess");}else{echo("<br>Input data is fai;l");}}?><HEAD><TITLE>Form</TITLE> <script type="text/javascript" src="tcal.js"></script><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="tcal.css" /></HEAD> <BODY> <FORM ACTION ="index.php" method="POST"> <table border='1'><tr><td>Name</td><td><Input type ="text" NAME="name"></td></tr> <tr><td>Gender</td><td><Input type = "radio" NAME="gender" VALUE="M">Male<Input type = "radio" NAME="gender" VALUE="F">Female</td></tr> <tr><td>D.O.B</td><td><Input type = "date" NAME="dob" class="tcal" value=""></td></tr> <tr><td>Address</td><td><textarea NAME = "address" ROWS = "4" COLS="30"></textarea></td></tr> <tr><td>State</td><td><select name = "state"><option><option>SABAH<option>SARAWAK<option>KUCHING<option>SIBU<option>MIRI</select></td></tr> <tr><td>Is Member</td><td><input type ="checkbox" name ="ismember" value="Yes"></td></tr> <tr><td></td><td><input type ="reset" NAME = "reset" value="Clear"><input type ="submit" NAME ="submit" value="Save"></td></tr></FORM></BODY></HTML> thank a lot.....

your add,edit text link does not point to member.php . I thought you want to pass that in same script and do the processing from that page. or i am missing something?

your add,edit text link does not point to member.php . I thought you want to pass that in same script and do the processing from that page. or i am missing something?
Sorry about that, haven't change it...heheAnd also , this code i cant add new data to my index.php...can see what is the problem??

<a href = 'member.php?page_mode=add_user'>this send name value pairs via GET so the data will be available in $_GET super global array. you can check $_GET['page_mode'] and take certain action depending upon its value.