Firefox Question

scott100

When viewing a page with IE i can view->source make some changes then save.When viewing the same page with Firefox i view->source and can't make any changes :) It doesn't seem to open it in notepad but something else with coloured syntax.So the question is, how can i make it so that when i view->source i can make changes and save them in FF?Sorry if this is a basic question but im sick of having to minimise the browser, right click on the file and go to open with->notepad. :) Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, you can't. In my experience you cannot ever make changes to the source code of a file with the source viewer of firefox, as opposed to with Mozilla, where it comes with a built in, very functional editor.

Bleh...IE...it has some benefits, but I think that it's downfalls outweigh. My personal browser recommendation is Mozilla Suite. It comes with "Web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application."

Yeah, that's one of my reasons for choosing Opera over Firefox (as IE isn't an option). Kind of annoying really about IE to, because you can open source code in notepad, but not any editor you've downloaded, like Crimson in my case. In Opera, I can open the source code in just any program I want. :)

You can use a downloaded editor for IE aswellon the toolbar click the edit with dropdown and choose your programortools -> internet options... -> Programs Tab -> HTML Editor: HTML-Kitthis defauls the edit with button

another advantage of IE.LG
It's not an advantage of IE, it's a disadvantage of Firefox. Every browser should be able to do this.
im sick of having to minimise the browser, right click on the file and go to open with->notepad
You don't have to my brother, let me show you The Light.

There is also a potentially easier-to-use extension called ViewSourceWith, but yeah WebDeveloper exention works. In you face IE and Opera, FF+extensions has every function you have and more :)

That may be true, but everything is built-in to Opera, you don't need to run around the web downloading and installing a legion of extensions to do what you need to be able to do. Not only is everything built-in, but they managed to also make the Opera installer 1.2MB smaller than the Firefox installer. And it's also faster. So there!