Create own SSL certificate

gongpex

Hello everyone, SSL certificate of course I need to buy it, But currently I have plan to hosting my site on free web hosting, Can I create own SSL certificate using apache? please someone told me Thanks

Yes... not with Apache per se, but with a tool in Apache... but browsers won't recognize the certificate.For browsers to recognize your own certificate, you'd have to make clients download the certificate, and import it as a "root certification authority".

In other words, unless you buy the certificate from someone that your browser trusts it's going to show a warning that it doesn't know where the certificate is from. The connection will still be encrypted, but it will show an overly-dramatic error page to the user.

Thanks for answer, So, in other word I better buy SSL certificate, than create it own? please the answer Thanks ____________________________________________________________________________ what's all of you occupation?

You don't need to ask me to answer, when you post a question I can assume that you want an answer. Yes, if you buy a certificate from a reputable vendor then browsers will know who it came from and not display a warning about it.

The only exception to the above is when you're making an application that is going to be used by clients that you know about. Clients which you can afford to ask to import your root certificate, so that they don't get the warning.Some banks do this to reduce their costs, and just give their customers the root certificate (along with their individual digital signature, but that's a different story) on a flash drive when they explicitly enable "online banking".So the real question to ask yourself is "Is the hassle of importing a root certificate worth it, from my users' point of view?".