Constructive criticism please on this site I've built.

reg1965

Hi all I have built this site for a miscarriage of justice case. http://www.free-david-ferguson.org.uk/ It is essentially a heavily text based content site. I don't think I have used one image yet. I also wanted to stick to common fonts and colours for the look and feel. I have tried to seperate content from layout/style as best as I can. It was built using a PHP blueprint for each page which could actually be refined using patterns, but I'm not sure how to proceed with a pattern based page request mechanism. All comments and ideas would be most appreciated. ATBSteve

I am new here and have no idea what you are talking about.. can you put it in extremely plain English. What is "labelled summary"? What "more info" might you need? Sorry if this doesn't help Steve

Actually, I want less info. Give me two of three sentences why I should want to know more and label those sentences as a summary or an Executive Summary. It's called gradual involvement. You'll loose too many people by giving them too much info too soon.

I assume that you're talking about the site and not my inital post? I may be a bit bit thick in not picking that up earlier! Anyway I didn't really need any help with the content as the content has been accepted by the general peer group in the UK as being easy to read and follow as a specific miscarriage of justice case. What I actually wanted was criticism as to the markup and technical layout/style of the site with regards to (x)html and css. Anyway thanks for your replies Niche. I appreciate your time to look in...perhaps you can answer my patterns concerns.All the bestSteve

No harm. No foul. I am pointing out what's missing from your markup, a summary. The italics could to the job, but don't. IMO Your site looks great for people already invested in your cause, but isn't the purpose of your site to motivate the 99.x% that never heard of Dave's predicament?

Edited by niche

Hi Niche. You may be right about the italics...good point...looks a little too soft perhaps Cheers again.Steve