Images at the same distance ....?

eduard

If you go to my website (www.eduardlid.net) > more > website 2011 > hospedaje,How do I get the images at the same distance of the right - and left side of the page?

Float with margin when applicable. Your images don't fit in their div.
I don´t understand it well! HTML:<div ....> CSS:margin:float: ?

Use your developer tools. They will show you that your images don't fit in their div. Fix that so we can move to the next issue. Which developer tools to you use?

Edited by niche

Use your developer tools. They will show you that your images don't fit in their div. Fix that so we can move to the next issue. Which developer tools to you use?
Developers tool?I don't have! Which one do you suggest?

Developers tool?I don't have! Which one do you suggest?
Precisely what I thought. How long have you been doing this, Eduard? By now you should know that every major browser has their own developer tools. If you're using IE, press F12 to show the developer tools. FF has several extensions (like FireBug and DOMInspector) as well as it's own built-in tools.

Precisely what I thought. How long have you been doing this, Eduard? By now you should know that every major browser has their own developer tools. If you're using IE, press F12 to show the developer tools. FF has several extensions (like FireBug and DOMInspector) as well as it's own built-in tools.
I use Google Chrome! What about that browser? By the way: How should I know that every browser has its own developer tool? Edited by eduardlid

I use Google Chrome! What about that browser?
Click the wrench icon next to the address bar, Tools -> Developer Tools
By the way: How should I know that every browser has its own developer tool?
Because it's been mentioned several times.......but you'd need to read in order to know that I suppose...

Open wide, here comes choo choo train, choo ,choo, chuk, chuk into the tunnel it goes. spoon-feed me more please mummy, no! little Eduard must learn himself, he does not want to be spoon-fed the rest of his life now, does he, Daddy, mummy said you must fed me, EDUARD! mummy said no such thing, learn to fed yourself.

Open wide, here comes choo choo train, choo ,choo, chuk, chuk into the tunnel it goes. spoon-feed me more please mummy, no! little Eduard must learn himself, he does not want to be spoon-fed the rest of his life now, does he, Daddy, mummy said you must fed me, EDUARD! mummy said no such thing, learn to fed yourself.
I thought these fora are for webdesign/development! Not for education! Am I wrong?

Click the wrench icon next to the address bar, Tools -> Developer Tools Because it's been mentioned several times.......but you'd need to read in order to know that I suppose...
Thanks! Have you read my posts? No, because you would know why I wasn´t able to read those posts good!

Guys... I don't remember us telling Eduard about the dev tools. We never got that far. I mean, it is a sort of "advanced" thing (I mean... relative to what we've talked about), so give him some slack, OK? You may want to give a link if you remember such a case that I don't...@Eduard, see this post, and the part in "3.2" in particular. It tells you how to open the development tool of each browser.

Guys... I don't remember us telling Eduard about the dev tools. We never got that far. I mean, it is a sort of "advanced" thing (I mean... relative to what we've talked about), so give him some slack, OK?
I am almost positive it's been mentioned to him. I could be wrong, though, I suppose....
You may want to give a link if you remember such a case that I don't...
That's near impossible what with the search function being broken......I really wish the admins would get on that. <_<

That's near impossible what with the search function being broken......I really wish the admins would get on that. <_<
Agree, but in the meantime, there's Google, in which you can filter by the site.

Guys... I don't remember us telling Eduard about the dev tools. We never got that far. I mean, it is a sort of "advanced" thing (I mean... relative to what we've talked about), so give him some slack, OK? You may want to give a link if you remember such a case that I don't... @Eduard, see this post, and the part in "3.2" in particular. It tells you how to open the development tool of each browser.
Thanks! However, I don´t hope this is a reaction to my previous posts! My circumstances were never good and unfortunately they aren´t now (problems with the owner!). So I´ve to move again (11 times in 3 years and 9 months!).

I´ve now the developers tool! But how do I know that the images don´ t fit in their div?

Thanks! However, I don´t hope this is a reaction to my previous posts! My circumstances were never good and unfortunately they aren´t now (problems with the owner!). So I´ve to move again (11 times in 3 years and 9 months!).
Errr... this was a reaction to other people's reaction to your posts.But anyway... stop bringing your circumstances into the conversation!
I´ve now the developers tool! But how do I know that the images don´ t fit in their div?
There should be an option to select/inspect an element with a click. When you click this option, and start moving within the page with the mouse, you'll see each element being outlined. The outline will sometimes look different from the boundaries you see on screen or which you'd expect. The extra space can be created in various ways, which can sometimes accumulate, leading to all sorts of weird stuff.

Errr... this was a reaction to other people's reaction to your posts. But anyway... stop bringing your circumstances into the conversation! There should be an option to select/inspect an element with a click. When you click this option, and start moving within the page with the mouse, you'll see each element being outlined. The outline will sometimes look different from the boundaries you see on screen or which you'd expect. The extra space can be created in various ways, which can sometimes accumulate, leading to all sorts of weird stuff.
Ok (read my book in a few years!),thanks!

That's a lot like a crime detective asking "How do I prove this person did it?". The way depends on the situation.In your case, I was able to simply hover over the two images and the iframe, and I can clearly see that the frame has an outline with a right edge that goes further right than the image's left edge. Because of that, the browser compensates by putting the image on a new row.Reduce the left and right margin of the iframe a little.

That's a lot like a crime detective asking "How do I prove this person did it?". The way depends on the situation. In your case, I was able to simply hover over the two images and the iframe, and I can clearly see that the frame has an outline with a right edge that goes further right than the image's left edge. Because of that, the browser compensates by putting the image on a new row. Reduce the left and right margin of the iframe a little.
Thanks!, but not right! 2 different questions: you were able, the detective isn´t! How do you get to an iframe, because I didn´t use it there? Edited by eduardlid

Thanks!, but not right! 2 different questions: you were able, the detective isn´t!
1. It's just an analogy.2. Again, it depends - some detectives are able to prove their suspicions, with different methods for each case, which was the point of the analogy.
How do you get to an iframe, because I didn´t use it there?
Like I said, you choose the option to inspect an element by clicking on it....[[Opens Chrome]]Wait... Google Chrome doesn't have this option... crap... well... still, after opening its dev tool, you can hover overhtml > body > div#main > iframeat the displayed tree (source tree... not literally tree... more like with folders... please oh please don't make me explain what that term means), to see the same phenomenon.And BTW, you do have an iframe. Look at the source of your page, and the part with your video (you know, the one between the two images).

1. It's just an analogy.2. Again, it depends - some detectives are able to prove their suspicions, with different methods for each case, which was the point of the analogy. Like I said, you choose the option to inspect an element by clicking on it.... [[Opens Chrome]] Wait... Google Chrome doesn't have this option... crap... well... still, after opening its dev tool, you can hover overhtml > body > div#main > iframeat the displayed tree (source tree... not literally tree... more like with folders... please oh please don't make me explain what that term means), to see the same phenomenon. And BTW, you do have an iframe. Look at the source of your page, and the part with your video (you know, the one between the two images).
But that's another page! Are we looking at the same page? This page only has images; not a video! Edited by eduardlid