Extra white space indentation in a textarea.

sepoto

[color=#4f76ac]<[/color][color=#823125]textarea[/color] [color=#cf4820]id[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"event_memo"[/color] [color=#cf4820]maxlength[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"10000"[/color] [color=#cf4820]wrap[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"hard"[/color] [color=#cf4820]cols[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"50"[/color] [color=#cf4820]rows[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"20"[/color] [color=#cf4820]style[/color][color=#4f76ac]=[/color][color=#4f76ac]"[/color][color=#cf4820]text-align[/color]: [color=#4f76ac]left[/color];[color=#4f76ac]"[/color] [color=#4f76ac]></textarea>[/color][code][color=#4f76ac][/color]I'm noticing that if I create a blank text area like the one above and I place my cursor in the box there is an indentation there. I am trying to style the text area so that this indentation or extra white space area is not there. Does anyone know how this might be done?[color=#4f76ac]Thank you...[/color]

<textarea id="event_memo" style="padding: 0px; width: 300px; height: 50px;"><?php echo $event_memo; ?></textarea></br></br> The above works out much better. At first I thought it was the way the PHP is however a text area does not have a value property to set. It does look normal this way. Thanks for your reply.