jardrake

Website Development and Design Critique (Happy Holidays!)

Greetings everyone! I just poured my life into a programming tutorial and reference website for beginners I was wondering what you all thought of the design, content, and structure of the website. The website is www.afterhoursprogramming.com. I am still not quite finished with adding all of the features that I would like, but it is complete for serving as yet another tutorial and reference website for web programmers. We can just never have enough of those :) Thank you for reading this post and I hope you have an awesome day!

• Like 1

It's great in many ways and so bad in the worst ways. Layout and such is kinda awkward and other stuff. Too much to list... We can chat if you really want to fix it up.

I was wondering what you all thought of the design, content, and structure of the website.
I think it looks quite spiffy, but why doesn't it seem to center in the window? It creates too much left margin.

Line 164, you forgot a "<" on the fieldset tag.http://www.afterhour.../PHP/Operators/ I like the site a lot. I'm gonna try to learn some stuff from it. I like how PHP is being explained in layman terms.

Edited by Coaxsist
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot Coaxsist for the fieldset catch. I have built my own CMS that does miss a few things :Pleased: I am glad you enjoy it. That is precisely what I intended it to be. I want to speak as plain as possible and have the tutorials flow as if I am talking to you. I always wanted to be taught that way.

• Like 1

Nice Website dude. I' am definitely bookmarking that site so I can learn more. Of course I'll never abandon my precious (smeagel voice) W3Schools.com hahaha.