Shared Hosting Account for Testing Purpose

trollster

Hello people,I am building a website for my university. I need a shared hosting account for 2-3 months for testing the performance, so that based on that I can tell my college management on what to get but I will have to shell out the money from my pocket for the initial 2-3 months. Hence, inclined towards shared.So these are my requirements:10GB of space for the files, presentations, etc.2k students downloading 500mb of data each, so around 1-2TB bandwidth.Outgoing mail system, preferably 1-2k an hour or 5k a day.A forum system where 2000 members actively interact.A quiz system inbuilt in the site or along with the forums, please let me know a plugin to conduct quizzes in forums powered by phpbb.I looked out on reviews on many sites. These are the sites I checked out. HostGator, 1and1, iPage, BlueHost, JustHost, HostMonster, BigRock, GoDaddy, etc. I found HostGator serving most of my needs if not all. But with mixed reviews all over the internet, I need some help. I did have a chat with a few of them too.Also, I want to know how much will my expense be if I use AWS or RackSpace or Heroku. I am new to cloud and I don't understand their fancy terms at all. I need the monthly expense estimate.I will move to dedicated or VPS only after it goes live and when my Univ pays. But help me with going about for the next 2-3 months. Which plan do I opt for?Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say this is best so far :)

https://securesignup.net/portal/

U can check more info here (Online support + fast ticket answer)

https://securesignup.net/portal/sharedhosting.php

Edited by Mudsaf

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, godaddy has a great service, even if you just want there service for a month or a year, for a proyect or a complex corporate site. Servers are completly configurable if you DO know how to do it. The only think that isn that great (only because it has limits on configuring) its MySQL database apps, for more advance services you will find that its not that much to customize or configure. But, for everything else its pretty cool and professional.