Redirecting website to an new tab without hyperlink

Niketa

Hello everyone! I am using a tab/(app) on Facebook to redirect to a website, I have coded it to redirect to a website in a new tab by the ordinary: <a href="https://URL" target="_Blank">Link!</a> In this case one have to click the hyperlink for it to redirect to the new tab. Is there a code that redirects without (cliccking a) hyperlink? Opens in a new tab by just clicking the app? Thank you so much!Niketa

window.open( 'https://support.wwf.org.uk/earth_hour/index.php?type=individual', '_blank' // <- This is what makes it open in a new window.);That's js, use it in a function and call it onclick of any image, div, word, etc.

Edited by DarkxPunk
  • Like 1

Thank you so much!Darkxs Punk, Do you know the code for HTML? Manojnaanak, it redirected to open within the same tab and inside the iframe (not even as a full window) is there something to add to the meta for it to redirect into a a new tab Thank you both!

I will give you this one freebie but learn js!

<!doctype html><html>	<head>		<title>NewTab</title>		<style>#newTab {				margin: 0 auto;				border: 1px solid #000000;				padding: 25px;				width: 50px;				height: 50px;				background: red;				color: #ffffff;			}		</style>		<script>			function newTab() {				window.open(				'about:blank','_blank'				);			}		</script>	</head>	<body>		<div id="newTab" onclick="newTab()">NewTab</div>	</body></html>

the on click can be used on most any element. You can also put the js in the body, but put it before your button.

Edited by DarkxPunk
  • Like 1