How do you set compilation debut to "true" in an ASP.NET program?

Complete

How do you set compilation debut to "true" in an ASP.NET program? When I try to debug the app I inherited, I get this error: Capture_001_zps5d3e4c0e.png When I look into the web.config file, I see that this might have something to do with a missing compiler setting: Capture_002_zpsc6630cb4.png So, do you have any idea how to set compilation item in ASP.net?

That line *does* set the compilation debug flag. The error message says that it doesn't understand what "targetFramework" is, and the squiggly underline would seem to indicate that your IDE also doesn't know what that is. That may be due to different versions of .NET on the original development machine versus your machine. The error message seems to indicate that you are running version 2.0 of the framework, while that attribute seems to indicate that it is targeted at 4.0. Maybe that attribute got added in a later version that your version doesn't support, and the code was written for that later version. The current version of the .NET framework is 4.5. There's more discussion about that error here: http://forums.asp.net/t/1491204.aspx