VBScript MS-Word Find & Replace Char for Addin Fields

ProSpartan

Okay, I've searched and searched and am hoping someone here can help me out. I've been trying to get a VBScript program to open a word document, search for a specific char and replace it with a Addin field (i.e. { SEQ @ } ) Here's what I have thus far: Const wdReplaceAll = 2 Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")objWord.Visible = TrueSet ObjDoc = objWord.Documents.Open("C:\path\to\.doc")Set objSelection = objWord.Selection With objSelectionobjSelection.Find.Text = "@"objSelection.Find.Forward = TrueobjSelection.MatchWholeWord = TrueobjSelection.Find.Replace.Text = "replacement text"objSelection.Find.Execute ,,,,,,,,,,wdReplaceAll .Fields.Add .Range, -1, "SEQ @", True End With objDoc.SaveobjWord.Quit This code works for "Find/Replace" but does not work for fields.Much help would be awesome! Thanks! Edit, 27 Fed 13 (10:21 CST): In red/strikthrough is removed, plain red is added.

Edited by ProSpartan

Yes, i have seen that page already. It did work, if I remember correctly when I used it, but the program needs to find a specific char, "@", and replace it with the addin field { SEQ }.

I know what you're trying to do, but "{ SEQ }" is not an addin field, it is text. You're telling it to replace some text with some other text, not with a field. If you want to add a field then you need to add an actual field the way they allow you to do that.