html5 image size

John702

I am almost a newbie at css3 and html5. when I was looking up image sizing in w3schools it said something to the effect that html5 no longer supports image sizing in per cents? I have Internet Explorer 8 for one design veiw browser, firefox, Chrome and safari are the other ones. Anyway the per cent sizing seems to be working in all browsers except IE8, is there a work around for the IE8 issue. The width works fine it's the height that is the problem. I'm not going to spend $100.00 just for an Internet Explorer browser. I know I need to update my os to windows 10 is it? but not at this time. Personal reasons. I do responsive website designing and px is not responsive. Isn't responsive the future way of the internet any more, with all the mobile devices out there?

The width and height attributes are there so that the browser can reserve space for the image, this was also true for HTML 4.01 so percentages haven't been valid since HTML 3.2. Using CSS to set these values as percentages is valid.