I have a video conversion question

Guest Keytone

Guest Keytone

When I put a wmv video on my site and someone clicks it, instead of playing, it wants to download. When I had Windows XP, they would just play. I can set the download option to " Always open files of this type", that works but it's a small media player. The problem is that I want people to not have to do that, I want it to just open when it's clicked on. I want it to work right for anyone's computer.I thought of looking for wmv to youtube converter, everyone gets youtube ok. but all I see is youtube to wmv converters. I guess everyone likes wmv best. I reckon I need a format that works for every one, I'm not sure what to do! I should be able to figure this out.Am I still crazy?

it depends if the user has windows media player installed, if the movie needs or asks for specific version of media player, usually you would convert to flv (flash video) as everyone would or should have flash on desktop, OR place on youtube and embed link to movie on your page, as youtube convert to flv, when you upload. good converting program is http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-Flash-Converter.htm it converts most types of movie and sound files.