Help me on opacity...

terryds

Hello, everyone... I have set the opacity of my headerwrap (the red one) to 0.7, then automatically, my topwrap (the black one) also gets transparent... Look at this : rgy069.png This is my code : CSS

body {margin: 0px;padding: 0px;background: url(files/batthern.png) #FF6600;} .headerwrap {height: 673px;background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #990000, #FF0033);background-color: red;padding: 0px;opacity: 0.7;} .headerwrap:hover {opacity: 1;} .topbar {height: 35px;background-color: black;opacity:1;}

HTML

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style.css"><title>My WebPage</title></head><body><div class="headerwrap"><div class="topbar"></div></div></body></html>

Can you please me give the solutions so i can make the headerwrap get transparent but the topwrap wont.. ?Thank Sorry for bad English

Edited by terryds

• 3 weeks later...

You should not set any opacity to the topbar in the css code. .topbar{height:35px;background-color:black;}Do not set any opacity for this.

opacity applies to the element and everything that's inside it. If you don't want the opacity to affect the topbar element, take the topbar element out of the headerwrap element.

• Like 1