JustJill54

Solution for negative padding attribute

I have a table with two columns and three rows (6 cells). In each cell, I have a "header" and then a list of links. This list can vary from 1 link to 5+ and is subject to change. The client does not like how much white space there is between the the last item in the list, and the next header. I haven't set the cellpadding or cellspacing attributes, so I'd assume that they are 0 since not specified. The attribute that would work perfectly for my solution- cell padding, does not support negative values. :-( Does anyone else have any ideas? Many Thanks,Jg

HTML5 does not support cell-padding or cell-spacing. The CSS padding property is supported, and browsers often set a positive default value for that. Changing it might help. You should also look at table specific CSS properties. border-collapse might be useful here.

By default table cells have preset cellspacing and cellpadding, cellspacing can be controlled through css using border-spacing:0; border-spacing: expression(cellSpacing=0); /*for older IE versions*/