HTML - Databases?

Reachster

Hi,Quite beginner level programming,i need to know how to make an access database, so it registers a user when signing up and when logging in they can also type in their password and it is verified somehow. Im unsure of how this all works, Someone i need help, i appreciate any pointersThank YouReachster

Im not too familiar with ASP, but im guessing...First you create the Database using Access, then using an ASP page, enter info into a form, then the ASP coding in that page will enter the info into the database (registering)Then for the loggin in, you would use a form in ASP to compare the username they entered, and the password, with the values in the database. If they match they log in, if not they're rejected.Not too experienced with ASP, PHPs my language :)

I'd like to point out that MS Access wasn't design for ODBC connected access, let alone for the web. IMO, if you really want to start off on the right foot, I'd become familiar with MySQL and use it as your database. There is a great administration tool called phpMyAdmin that I would suggest using.Access just isn't built for this kind of stuff - but for any small project it will work fine - but if you think whatever you are building will take off - then its the wrong way to start.