Can't start the tutorial because I can't run asp files

Emwat Oon

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map. I'm on Windows 7 and did the install from Turn Windows Features on or off. It didn't work then, so I went on ASP's home page and installed VS Express for Web 2012 along with other things. I'm sure the framework is included. Still didn't work. I've checked ASP.NET to enable it to host ASP files. Still not working. I didn't check ASP, because I didn't think I need to run Classic ASP. I've installed some Windows Updates. No luck. I'm sure the path url is right. My file is index.asp and changed the address appropriately. IIS is on. Is it because I have XAMPP installed on my computer? If so, what do I need to do to continue?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess I'll go research the differences between asp and aspx now. EDIT: Will I be able to continue through the w3schools asp tutorial or does it only apply to classic asp? EDIT2: Nevermind. I found the aspx tutorial.

Edited by Emwat Oon