Difference Between XHTML, DHTML and HTML5

wacsyweezy

Hello fellow web developers, i will like to know the best and advisable technology to use among XHTML, DHTML and HTML5. Also, my problem is, am used to XHTML and because HTML5 is yet to be standardized, i still find it so difficuly to understand it, please any suggestion or recommendations will be highly appreciated

post-112411-0-84019800-1377355312_thumb.png

Thanks

Weezy :D

The XHTML standard has been dropped in favor of HTML 5 which is designed for the modern web. At a time there were two competing upcoming standards: HTML 5 and XHTML 2.0, but XHTML 2.0 was scrapped.

HTML 5 is already "standardized" and the W3C and WHATWG encourage its use, saying that the sooner developers are using it the faster it will be fully implemented in all browsers. A large amount of HTML 5 features are fully functional and those that aren't can fall back to other methods.

DHTML is a 90s term that just means a combination of HTML, Javascript and CSS to make interactive pages. The term hasn't been used in forever so I would just forget about it if I were you.

If you want your website to be compatible with XML readers, it's totally fine to write HTML 5 with XML syntax, this is known as XHTML 5. Don't forget to put the <?xml?> declaration

A big thanks to you Foxy Mod, i really appreciate this information you just gave me. Its just that am used to XHTML and now i don't seems to know what HTML5 is all about, but with this, i think am to learn this HTML5 in no time.

Thanks once again