SnowLace

Why Isn't My Code Working?

I want my links to be block-like. Instead, they look like this:http://i44.tinypic.com/20p7mg1.jpg That's not want I want. Instead, I want something more like this (http://i40.tinypic.com/2na76ys.jpg) (except not so big) and I want the set up the same.

For example,

BLOCK LINK wrote on BLOCK LINK

And I want that all on one line. With regular block links though, it's usually one per line. So I need help, please.

Site: http://sugar-baby.org/ <--- All of the coding regarding this can be seen there.

[EDIT] I have found out that the <?php wp_head(); ?> has something to do with it. if I remove the wp_head, it works, if I keep it, than it doesn't work.

Edited by SnowLace

You can adjust line 71 but the height seems to be limited somewhere else...

.recentcomments a { display: inline !important; margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 10px !important;}

Try not to use position: absolute; its a pain to work with, you have to manually adjust height of containers to match content, instead of letting the containers adjust to content automatically.

I came up with this, don't know exactly what you want, difficult to have 'link ' to 'link', unless to link text equal length throughout, so i came up with this that fits, just!, but if it was done without position: absolute; it won't have been such a tight fit, as it would adjusted to accommodate content.

#recentcomments {padding:0 25px; text-align: center; text-indent:0; margin:0}#recentcomments a {display:block !important;}.recentcomments {margin: 2px;0;}#hv3 {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;    font-size: 80%;    height: 230px;    left: 600px;    list-style: none outside none;    margin: 0;    position: absolute;    text-align: left;    top: 475px;    width: 268px;}#menuaffi a, #menuaffi a:visited {    background-color: #49314D;    border-bottom: 1px solid #543958;    color: #856A8A;    display: block;    font-family: arial;    font-size: 9pt;    height: 15px;    letter-spacing: 3px;    margin: 0.5em auto;    padding: 0.7em;    text-align: center;    text-decoration: none;    width: auto;}

another option

#hv3 {                background: transparent repeat scroll 0 0;                font-size: 80%;                /* height: 230px;*/                list-style: none outside none;                margin: 0;                /*position: absolute;                left: 600px;                top: 494px;*/                text-align: left;overflow:hidden;                width: 265px;            }            #menuaffi {margin: 10px 20px; }            #menuaffi ul, #menuaffi li {list-style-type: none; padding: 0; margin:0; text-indent: 0; text-align: center; clear: right; }            #menuaffi li {    line-height: 16px;                              margin: 5px 0;                              overflow: hidden;}            #menuaffi a, #menuaffi a:visited {                background-color: #49314D;                /*border-bottom: 1px solid #543958;*/                color: #856A8A;                display: block;                font-family: Arial;                font-size: 9pt;                /*height: 15px;*/height:auto !important;                letter-spacing: 3px;                margin: 0 auto;                /*padding: 0.7em;*/                text-align: center;                text-decoration: none;                width: 41% !important;                padding: 0 5px !important;            }            #menuaffi a:nth-child(odd) {float: left; text-align: left;}            #menuaffi a:nth-child(even) {float: right; }

another option

#hv3 {                background: transparent repeat scroll 0 0;                font-size: 80%;                /* height: 230px;*/                list-style: none outside none;                margin: 0;                /*position: absolute;                left: 600px;                top: 494px;*/                text-align: left;overflow:hidden;                width: 265px;            }            #menuaffi {margin: 10px 20px; }            #menuaffi ul, #menuaffi li {list-style-type: none; padding: 0; margin:0; text-indent: 0; text-align: center; clear: right; }            #menuaffi li {    line-height: 16px;                              margin: 5px 0;                              overflow: hidden;}            #menuaffi a, #menuaffi a:visited {                background-color: #49314D;                /*border-bottom: 1px solid #543958;*/                color: #856A8A;                display: block;                font-family: Arial;                font-size: 9pt;                /*height: 15px;*/height:auto !important;                letter-spacing: 3px;                margin: 0 auto;                /*padding: 0.7em;*/                text-align: center;                text-decoration: none;                width: 41% !important;                padding: 0 5px !important;            }            #menuaffi a:nth-child(odd) {float: left; text-align: left;}            #menuaffi a:nth-child(even) {float: right; }

sorry for jumping into your post, but dsone how big would font-size:80%; would be?

80% of font size defined in parent element, in this case the body

body {
color: #1D1D1D;
font-family: "Trebuchet MS",Arial,verdana;
font-size: 0.9em;
text-align: left;
}

if no font-size is defined, then it would be 80% of default font-size 16px

80% of font size defined in parent element, in this case the body

body {
color: #1D1D1D;
font-family: "Trebuchet MS",Arial,verdana;
font-size: 0.9em;
text-align: left;
}

if no font-size is defined, then it would be 80% of default font-size 16px

ok got it

None of these solutions work. It has something to do with the wp_head, because the CSS works fine when the wp_head is removed.

I don't see why a Php function would affect the static styling. All I can see is that if you go to the end of the style block in your html file you can play with adding something like...

#menuaffi {height:210px;overflow:auto;}#recentcomments {padding:0 25px; text-align: center; margin:0;}#recentcomments a {display:block;}