PHP File Upload - Bugged? Won't Save

MarkT

Hello,

I have the following code in a file called upload_file.php:

<?php  if ($_FILES["file"]["error"] > 0)    {    echo "Return Code: " . $_FILES["file"]["error"] . "<br>";    }  else    {    echo "Upload: " . $_FILES["file"]["name"] . "<br>";    echo "Type: " . $_FILES["file"]["type"] . "<br>";    echo "Size: " . ($_FILES["file"]["size"] / 1024) . " kB<br>";    echo "Temp file: " . $_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"] . "<br>";	$filename = $_FILES["file"]["name"];	$filetype =	$_FILES["file"]["type"];	$title = $_POST['title'];	$content = $_POST['content'];	$image_pos = $_POST['image_pos'];	$publisher = $_POST['publisher'];	mysqli_query($con,"INSERT INTO news (title,content,image,image_pos,publisher) VALUES ('{$title}','{$content}','{$filename}','{$image_pos}','{$publisher}')");    if (file_exists("upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]))      {      echo $_FILES["file"]["name"] . " already exists. ";      }    else      {      move_uploaded_file($_FILES["file"]["tmp_name"],      "upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"]);      echo "Stored in: " . "upload/" . $_FILES["file"]["name"];      }    }?>

and I get the following error:

Upload: Type: Size: 0 kBTemp file: PHP Error Message Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, null given in /home/a7017672/public_html/upload_file.php on line 18 already exists.

Can someone please help me, my file permissions in the upload folder are 777 and the directory exists.

Can you please help with the SQL problem and the File upload?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, $con doesn't have a value, so mysqli_query is failing.

The other problem is that $_FILES is empty.

Try this to see if you're getting the file.

print_r($_FILES);

Don't forget that the <form> element must have the enctype attribute:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" ...

• Like 1