etsted

types in phpmyadmin

when people upload image or video to my site, do i store them in any special type in phpmyadmin?

are you supposed to use BLOB?

What is BLOB?

Which of them do i use? I would guess they can store different amount of data, how much do each of them store?

"TEXT and CHAR or nchar that will typically be converted to plain text so you can only store text like strings.

BLOB and BINARY which mean you can store binary data such as images simply store bytes."

Here

Edited by Petrucho

DB's save textual data, not videos/imgs.

You can save the path to your files, on your DB table though.

Databases can save any type of data. The BLOB field stands for Binary Large OBject and can be used to store the contents of any file including image or video.

Given that, I still find it preferrable to store file data in the filesystem rather than the database.

Databases can save any type of data. The BLOB field stands for Binary Large OBject and can be used to store the contents of any file including image or video.

Given that, I still find it preferrable to store file data in the filesystem rather than the database.

do u mean in a folder?

do u mean in a folder?

Yes.