Graphic & Animation

L8V2L

I was guided toward svg when I found out about vector resizable feature... now that I went through the svg guide on w3school(which was just a guise of it). I come to wonder if I can use that over canvas api?What do you guys think?Gaming propose, which one would be efficient in formatting games?

Normally games don't use vectors, so canvas is preferrable for games. Game programming is highly complicated.

SVG and canvas are two separate, independent technologies. If you want them to work together you're going to have to build your own program that does it. The only way to do that is if you fully understand how to interact with both canvas and SVG using Javascript.

Normally games don't use vectors, so canvas is preferrable for games. Game programming is highly complicated. SVG and canvas are two separate, independent technologies. If you want them to work together you're going to have to build your own program that does it. The only way to do that is if you fully understand how to interact with both canvas and SVG using Javascript.

I'm speaking on using only the svg instead of the canvas. Replacing canvas with svg canvas(the svg tag/element/node) as a surface view point for the game interacting and graphic. Edited by L8V2L

I was so gay(could have use happy, but I feel this word best fit the description) when I saw p.js, but as I study on the side more and more of svg, I'm sway by it's beauty. svg being a distance relative to html, and css components, it feel I'm strengthen my knowledge on those two(which I'm probably not... I don't know).... I don't even know why I typing this. I guess, I'm hoping for something else to give a feedback on this pulling of the heart.

Edited by L8V2L

Is there away to set @keyframe animation with JavaScript? I tried it, but can't seem to get it to work.

going through the reference area. Wanted to drop a question. I wasn't going to ask this, but it been on my mind. What do you guys think of coffeesscript? And what is coffeScript?

the site and wiki for coffeescript seem to cover your second question

http://coffeescript.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoffeeScript

regarding the first question, I guess it depends. I haven't used it, but then I like Javascript the way it is, good and bad. As a developer, I focus on enhancing the good parts and filtering out the not so good parts. but you can google for blogs and see what the pro and cons are for yourself.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=opinions%20on%20coffeescript&safe=off

the site and wiki for coffeescript seem to cover your second questionhttp://coffeescript.org/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoffeeScript regarding the first question, I guess it depends. I haven't used it, but then I like Javascript the way it is, good and bad. As a developer, I focus on enhancing the good parts and filtering out the not so good parts. but you can google for blogs and see what the pro and cons are for yourself.https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=opinions%20on%20coffeescript&safe=off

I don't understand that?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS THE BAD PART ABOUT JAVASCRIPT!?!?!?!? ... To me... it's prefect... I guess cause I'm just getting into the program world, and JavaScript alone with a few other language I'm studying.. I don't know much yet to really say that... but still to me, JavaScript is awesome as it is. other language have been built on top of JavaScript; for a lightweight language that's powerful.What about svg's animation? SVG been around a lot longer then canvas, and it just doesn't make sense to me for how choppy the animation is... a least in my browser. Edited by L8V2L

Javascript animation works much different than CSS animation. It's possible to alter stylesheets with Javascript, but it's complicated and almost always not worth it, especially for something like animation.

Javascrip have animation... or are you talking about the one function, reguestanimationfreame?

Which one seem more implantable <~~~ AM I using that correctly?

<!DOCTYPE html><html><body><p>Click the button to call the new myMet() method, and display this month's name, using the new myProp property.</p><button onclick="myFunction()">Try it</button><p id="demo"></p><script>Date.prototype.myMet = function() {switch(this.getMonth()){case 0: {this.myProp = "January"};break;case 1: {this.myProp = "February"};break;case 2: {this.myProp = "March"};break;case 3: {this.myProp = "April"};break;case 4: {this.myProp = "May"};break;case 5: {this.myProp = "June"};break;case 6: {this.myProp = "July"};break;case 7: {this.myProp = "August"};break;case 8: {this.myProp = "Spetember"};break;case 9: {this.myProp = "October"};break;case 10:{this.myProp = "November"};break;case 11:{this.myProp = "December"};break; //<~~~ crap, forgot the last break when I sent it.}}function myFunction() {var d = new Date();d.myMet();document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = d.myProp;}</script></body></html>
or
<!DOCTYPE html><html><body><p>Click the button to call the new myMet() method, and display this month's name, using the new myProp property.</p><button onclick="myFunction()">Try it</button><p id="demo"></p><script>Date.prototype.myMet = function() {if (this.getMonth() == 0){this.myProp = "January"};if (this.getMonth() == 1){this.myProp = "February"};if (this.getMonth() == 2){this.myProp = "March"};if (this.getMonth() == 3){this.myProp = "April"};if (this.getMonth() == 4){this.myProp = "May"};if (this.getMonth() == 5){this.myProp = "June"};if (this.getMonth() == 6){this.myProp = "July"};if (this.getMonth() == 7){this.myProp = "August"};if (this.getMonth() == 8){this.myProp = "Spetember"};if (this.getMonth() == 9){this.myProp = "October"};if (this.getMonth() == 10){this.myProp = "November"};if (this.getMonth() == 11){this.myProp = "December"};}function myFunction() {var d = new Date();d.myMet();document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = d.myProp;}</script></body></html>
refer to this:http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_prototype_date.aspIf you ask me, this is like comparing statement two in an for statement;
;i < array.length;
vs
var I=0, n = arry.length; i > n; 
I sent an email to switch it... no pun indented. Edited by L8V2L

The first one is more efficient because it only calls getMonth once, but that is easily fixed in the second version. Switch statements are a little bit more cumbersome when there is only one line to execute.

Javascrip have animation... or are you talking about the one function, reguestanimationfreame?

Animation in Javascript is done by using setInterval() or setTimeout() to manipulate an element's style periodically.

Animation in Javascript is done by using setInterval() or setTimeout() to manipulate an element's style periodically.

Yes but, those are inefficient <~~~ I know efficient mean work right... so to be inefficient mean that it doesn't work as efficient, but something that work to efficient take up energy and cpu that could be use for other important task action... JSG comment is... confusing me.... um.... um...They say that requestanimtaionframe is better, and I agree for which it was made for as the name imply... so in sense their is only one animation function.

I don't understand that?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS THE BAD PART ABOUT JAVASCRIPT!?!?!?!? ... To me... it's prefect... I guess cause I'm just getting into the program world, and JavaScript alone with a few other language I'm studying.. I don't know much yet to really say that... but still to me, JavaScript is awesome as it is. other language have been built on top of JavaScript; for a lightweight language that's powerful.

No language is perfect. There are just pros and cons.

Perhaps "imprecise" would be a better word.

Certainly requestAnimationFrame() has higher accuracy. It's a newer function that isn't as widely supported. For example, IE9 and under won't be able to use it.

No they aren't. You schedule a function to run at a later time and then let the CPU idle. That's pretty efficient.

for animation purpose I'm speaking on. The window method's setInterval() and setTimeOut(), are good for...I NEED TO LEARN MORE!!!!!! For minor task and interface that want take up much power, or much cpu. Like a nice clock animation, or a cute little background animation. Or a time out animation in a for loop... while loop would better to set it to true, and have the animation run on a set time out. Edited by L8V2L

function myFunction() {    var str = "re, green";    var patt1 = /(red|green)/;    var result = str.match(patt1);// <~~ return the value twice time    document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = result;}// <~~ return the value doable time

The match() method returns an array of matches. The first match would be what's outside of the parentheses, all subsequent matches are associated to a pair of parentheses. Since the match of the whole expression is the same as what's in parentheses, the result will be an array of two identical elements.

I still think about what that person have commented... He said I was demanding... After he read all that I type, it upset him so much that he had to voice it... It.. bother me, you know...

Anyone have anyone thoughts on webGL? Or better yet, WebGL vs p.js?

Edited by L8V2L

WebGL is an interface that allows a programmer to have closer access to the computer's graphics chip to perform expensive operations.

WebGL is an interface that allows a programmer to have closer access to the computer's graphics chip to perform expensive operations.

... I wonder why wont they have it to where svg use the cpu to speed up it's rendering? I really like it... even know I know only the basic of it. I'm planning to learn(more so become familiar with) xml; the hold section that's on w3s.; to gain more of a understanding of svg. Edited by L8V2L